Poll: Highest ceiling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alxmrtl

May 18, 2007
Out of these prospects, which one has the highest ceiling?

Josh Hennessy, C
Nick Foligno, LW
Brian Lee, D
Igor Mirnov, C
Ilya Zubov, C
Jim O'Brien, C
Kaspars Daugavins, LW
Kirill Lyamin, D
Alexander Nikulin, C
Ruslan Bashkirov, LW
Peter Regin, C
Louie Caporusso, C

I voted Zubov. Highly skilled and has a fiesty edge to his play. Ceiling = Elite secondary scorer
HM: Daugavins

The Fuhr*

Brian Elliott: Number one goalie
Brian Lee: Top pairing offensive defenseman
Igor Mirnov: 30 goals explosive winger
Kaspars Daugavins: 30 goal 60 point all around winger
Nick Foligno: 50-70 point physical winger
Peter Regin: 30-50 point two-way center

These are my favorite players in the system

Vicarious

Oct 11, 2007
Toronto
Foligno for his grindy physical style.

Zubov for his skilled play style.

Lee based on his performance in the AHL and the hype that surrounds him here in Ottawa.

DEATHtrap

Dec 5, 2005
Ottawa
I think Foligno might/will be the best player.

Lee has the most upside. If he could work on his shot, I think he could a real good offensive D-man.

Zubov has the best skill set of any forwards(that I have seen), and he is(as a 20 year old) already moving up the scoring rank in Bingo.

I am going off the board a little with Caporusso. In terms of pure offensive talent, he has a ton, including the best wrist shot of probably any of the prospects(haven't seen Mirnov). His junior B team had all of their game highlights(about five minutes worth each) posted in HD. I sifted through virtually all of them and was impressed. Speed, skill and especially shot, the kid flashes them all.

Foligno's intangibles(determination and passion) along with his grit are the reasons I picked him as the best player. At the rookie development camp, Foligno's love of the game and hunger for being a good player stood out. I think he will be much more valuable then the points he accumulates. I see a future captain here.

Last edited:

Brycios

Apr 17, 2007
Osgoode
Lots of people laugh at Ottawa for not taking Staal. One day we may be laughing because no one before us took Lee.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Brian Elliott: Number one goalie
Brian Lee: Top pairing offensive defenseman
Igor Mirnov: 30 goals explosive winger
Kaspars Daugavins: 30 goal 60 point all around winger
Nick Foligno: 50-70 point physical winger
Peter Regin: 30-50 point two-way center

These are my favorite players in the system

If Mirnov ever comes to the NHL, I don't see him to be a perennial 30 goal scorer with his existing skill-sets. I would be happy if he can be a regular 20 goal scorer and somehow my expectations are not that high for him. I have watched his clips and he has good skills, but he hasn't put it all together (despite a good season last year) in his RSL career quite yet. I don't see him doing better in the NHL.

I think Foligno can be another version of Brendan Morrow. Despite being decent sized, he needs to work on his size and strength to be effective in his style of play.

Sensfanman

Jan 27, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
No love for Jeff Glass (not in the poll, but Fuhr I guess)? He's really seemed to turn a corner this year, our depth at goalie might run a lot deeper than ever.

I voted Brian Lee though, he's one tch away from Brian Leetch

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
From the little that i've seen from him, i'd say Kovalchuk.

Great shot, skating.

:amazed:

I will be happy if he ever becomes Kovalchuk extra extra extra lite. I think he has the potential to be a 25+ goal scorer, but I will take a perennial 20+ goalscorer in Zubov if he becomes that at the NHL level.

spoon*

:amazed:

I will be happy if he ever becomes Kovalchuk extra extra extra lite. I think he has the potential to be a 25+ goal scorer, but I will take a perennial 20+ goalscorer in Zubov if he becomes that at the NHL level.

I never said he's be the same player as Kovalchuk.

I said that he has a similar style.

I think he'll be a 30-goal 70-80 point guy in his prime

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I never said he's be the same player as Kovalchuk.

I said that he has a similar style.

I think he'll be a 30-goal 70-80 point guy in his prime

You sound very optimistic. But I hope you don't have that high an expectation from this guy, despite his achievements in junior hockey. The way he plays though, I don't think it's unrealistic to think he has the ability to become a good 2nd liner (20+ goals, 60 points). In a career year, he will likely hit your numbers, maybe a bit more on the goal side.

heatley_fan*

Well O'Brien was apparently compared to Ryan Getzlaf. You have to take the comparisons with a grain of salt.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
:bow:

Nick Foligno:
Bingo Sens, BK201, CoachesDecision, DG, KrazyTea*, rbkhockey29, Samboni, SNAPshot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad