(Poll) Bruins regular season points totals

What will be the Bruins regular season points totals?

• Total voters

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
So, there's 30 games left in the regular season. The Bruins as of now have 74 points in 52 games.

They currently are on a 117 points pace and they have these notable stretches going as we speak: 18-1-4 (143 points pace)... 27-4-4 (136 points pace).

So, what do you think will be the Bruins points totals when all is said and done? Please vote and post your number. Thank you!

I say 110 points (and 2nd in the division behind Tampa).

EDIT: I goofed. I realize there's no option for EXACTLY 100 points. So please consider the first option as "100 or less"! :confused:

Last edited:

Rondo Hatton

Dec 20, 2013
105 and that's optimistic. The schedule in dec/Jan has been kind and feb is good too. But March will be brutal for the Bruins and I think they will have already cooled down by the time feb is finished.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
105 and that's optimistic. The schedule in dec/Jan has been kind and feb is good too. But March will be brutal for the Bruins and I think they will have already cooled down by the time feb is finished.

Love the username! Not sure if you’re aware of the old Boston band The Atlantics, but they actually wrote a song about him. Tough to find a recording of it online, but they did write a song about him

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/hHl2MG0vqfc/hqdefault.jpg

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

Optimistic that they'll get 31 points in 30 games, i.e. average barely above a point per game? All but six teams in the league average more than a point per game over the whole season, and even teams like Detroit and Montreal are barely under. 105 might be optimistic indeed, if you're not a Bruins fan.

I doubt they keep getting points at the pace they have their last 23 games (52 points for a final 126), but they could easily sustain their season average and get 117 points. My guess is 114, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: BruinLVGA

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Optimistic that they'll get 31 points in 30 games, i.e. average barely above a point per game? All but six teams in the league average more than a point per game over the whole season, and even teams like Detroit and Montreal are barely under. 105 might be optimistic indeed, if you're not a Bruins fan.

I doubt they keep getting points at the pace they have their last 23 games (52 points for a final 126), but they could easily sustain their season average and get 117 points. My guess is 114, though.

Yeah, I agree with all this. I mean, nothing is set in stone of course, but going a point over 500 for the next 30 games would be very unlikely.
I thought I was already being a little pessimistic with my 110 forecast... :laugh:

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
109-112.

Still a great year, accounting for perhaps a little bit of regression from the current pace while winning the games they need to win to secure home ice advantage.

Anything better than that would be amazing, anything less would be a little disappointing considering where the team is now.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

How's it looking up? Actually pretty good if you were predicting your Leafs' points. Maybe the optimism was due to the fact that it took you 7 shootout wins to get there? :laugh:

Win tonight and I'll have been dead on the money with my 114 prediction.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
How's it looking up? Actually pretty good if you were predicting your Leafs' points. Maybe the optimism was due to the fact that it took you 7 shootout wins to get there? :laugh:

Win tonight and I'll have been dead on the money with my 114 prediction.

Gotta give him credit, being that wrong is almost impressive

Reactions: Fossy21

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad