Poll: Brad Larsen-To Fire or Not to Fire

Should Brad Larsen be fired?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
The Fire Torts thread has recently evolved into a Brad Larsen debate and intensified after the Kings game. So....I thought it worth just laying the question directly on the table.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Larsen fired as PP coach, yes of course. As assistant coach, I'm not voting because I don't know. But we need a new PP coach from the outside. I know more about what Torts has done and what he's responsible for and I feel more comfortable commenting on his performance.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Is the problem the PP system or the players that the coaches have to choose from to put into that system?

Specifically, is the problem with planning or execution? If the problem is execution, it is likely that no individual coach would be able to make much of a difference.

That said, it was obvious last night that the players were frustrated. Look no further than the fact that Wennberg was tied for most SOG for the Jackets at 3. When Wenny says "forget passing to you guys I'm just going to shoot it myself" then something is wrong.

I actually don't think they are THAT far away from having a successful PP unit. Look at how the team looks 4 on 4 and 3 on 3. They create space, rushes, and great chances. The team needs to figure out how to do that 5 on 4. I think it comes down to effort and confidence. Gotta outwork the PKers, gotta keep moving, and for god's sake stop that stupid drop pass in transition.

Last edited:

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
If the players can't execute the system, simplify the system. If the player's won't execute the system, get new players.

Reactions: CPTN71

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
John McKay had some good ones.

When asked about his team’s execution: “I’m in favor of it.”

We didn’t tackle well today but we made up for it by not blocking

Emotion is highly overrated in football. My wife Corky is emotional as hell but can’t play football worth a damn.

If you have everyone back from a team that lost ten games, experience isn’t too important.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
We gonna pretend Larsen didn't draw up that "play" to get the Jones shot off quick that tied the game?

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
With 0-8 "performance" last night, the CBJ are now ranked a sparkling 31 out of 31 teams in the NHL in PP efficiency coming in at a sterling 10.7%.

The 17th ranked PP (Florida) is converting at 20% .

NHL.com - Stats

Last edited:
Reactions: CPTN71

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
With 0-8 "performance" last night, the CBJ are now ranked a sparkling 31 out of 31 teams in the NHL in PP efficiency coming in at a sterling 10.7%.

The 17th ranked PP (Florida) is converting at 20% .

NHL.com - Stats

giphy.gif

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Larsen may not be a great coach , but he’s a scapegoat . Ultimate responsibility falls on Torts . Torts is who decided to bring Larsen back to the power play , Torts was the one that thought it would be a great idea to have Shaw coach the forwards, and Larsen the defense this year . Torts is the one that decided who his assistants are . You honestly think Torts would work for a team , where he can’t have his say on his assistant coaches ? The spin that the front office brought Larsen back is lazy reporting . If Torts thought Larsen was hurting his chance of success , he wouldn’t be ok with Larsen.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad