Poll: Better future - Devils or Sens

Better future

• Total voters

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020
Both teams could be surprisingly good next season. I was particularly impressed by the Devils absolutely going to town on the Flyers near the end of the season. The Sens made strong efforts as well near the end of the season. I voted for both teams to make the playoffs next year on another website

Reactions: Oneiro

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
For me I'll take the Devils, their prospect pool is more diverse than Ottawa, and their high end guys are centers whereas Ottawa are wingers.
I'm super biased though, but at least I can admit it

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
So you have Devils fans voting the Devils; Sens fans voting the Sens then the neutral, unbiased fans also voting the Sens.

Seems like it’s cut and dry no?
Cut and dry for the results of this poll, yeah

but for reality? Unlikely. Ive done some looking back at older polls for Buffalo, and they and Edmonton seem to have won a lot of polls yet never became anything.

time will tell

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Cut and dry for the results of this poll, yeah

but for reality? Unlikely. Ive done some looking back at older polls for Buffalo, and they and Edmonton seem to have won a lot of polls yet never became anything.

time will tell
The people have spoken. Ottawa>New Jersey

Half of Bratt’s points came against Buffalo and Philly, guy is pretty overrated on these boards; no?

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
The people have spoken. Ottawa>New Jersey

Half of Bratt’s points came against Buffalo and Philly, guy is pretty overrated on these boards; no?
Jesper Bratt will be just fine

but thanks for being concerned

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
If we ignore everything statistics Tells us, sure

I just hit my bowl, so now I can see it
Just like statistics show that Bratt feasted on the WEAKEST team in New Jersey’s division, hell 1/3 of his points alone came against Buffalo.

Hell, half of Bratt’s assists were secondary assists too, showing he’s not a play driver

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
the poll result was known before anyone even voted,

Ottawa a small market team in CANADA which plays in the CANADIAN division going against one of the smallest market teams in the U.S in a poll?

yeah I really REALLY wonder which team has been viewed more by HFboard members.

This is like someone making a poll of Leafs vs Sens prospects, We all know that the Leafs are going to win that poll on this site. However I wouldn't take that poll as anything factual.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Ottawa a small market team in CANADA which plays in the CANADIAN division going against one of the smallest market teams in the U.S in a poll?

This is like someone making a poll of Leafs vs Sens prospects, We all know that the Leafs are going to win that poll on this site. However I wouldn't take that poll as anything factual.
The Senators are one of the smaller markets in the NHL.
Outside the city of Ottawa, They aren’t talked about at all, really only when their owner does something stupid is Ottawa really brought to the forefront.

I’ll make a Leafs vs Sens prospect poll and you’ll see the Sens will win that too.

Have you ever thought that the Senators could be a good up and coming team!? I know, shocking.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
The Senators are one of the smaller markets in the NHL.
Outside the city of Ottawa, They aren’t talked about at all, really only when their owner does something stupid is Ottawa really brought to the forefront.

I’ll make a Leafs vs Sens prospect poll and you’ll see the Sens will win that too.

Have you ever thought that the Senators could be a good up and coming team!? I know, shocking.

You missed the point, The Sens play in the most watched division of the NHL and who's division message board has the most threads and posts

North Division
Discussions: 59,345 Messages: 15,517,287

East Division
Discussions: 48,032 Messages: 13,441,490

Are people going to choose the team/prospects they've seen their team play against 9-10 times this year or the team they haven't seen all year except maybe a 30 second recap on sportsnet/tsn?

Finally I never said anything about the Sens not being a good up and coming team, I think they are. I just think that the Devils are too and its really really close. The NHL is a very competitive league and the gap between the top teams and the bottom teams isn't that wide, So when someone says "Sens by a mile" etc I find it quite foolish.

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
You missed the point, The Sens play in the most watched division of the NHL and who's division message board has the most threads and posts

North Division
Discussions: 59,345 Messages: 15,517,287

East Division
Discussions: 48,032 Messages: 13,441,490

Are people going to choose the team/prospects they've seen their team play against 9-10 times this year or the team they haven't seen all year except maybe a 30 second recap on sportsnet/tsn?

Finally I never said anything about the Sens not being a good up and coming team, I think they are. I just think that the Devils are too and its really really close. The NHL is a very competitive league and the gap between the top teams and the bottom teams isn't that wide, So when someone says "Sens by a mile" etc I find it quite foolish.

My guy, that what? a 15% difference between the two boards?

Okay let’s take 15% of the vote away from Ottawa and give it to New Jersey, now Ottawa is only winning this poll by 100 votes....

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
My guy, that what? a 15% difference between the two boards?

Okay let’s take 15% of the vote away from Ottawa and give it to New Jersey, now Ottawa is only winning this poll by 100 votes....

Sorry my guy, I didn't know you felt this lazy to day.

Let me click those division buttons for you.
NORTH DIVISION
Calgary Flames
Discussions: 3,263Messages: 532,649

Edmonton Oilers
Discussions: 8,314Messages: 2,183,668

Montreal Canadiens
Discussions: 11,094Messages: 3,568,381

Ottawa Senators
Discussions: 7,239Messages: 1,563,248

Toronto Maple Leafs
Discussions: 16,204Messages: 4,191,437

Vancouver Canucks
Discussions: 5,784Messages: 1,853,863

Winnipeg Jets
Discussions: 7,447Messages: 1,624,394

EAST DIVISION

Boston Bruins
Discussions: 10,550Messages: 2,537,732

Buffalo Sabres
Discussions: 6,615Messages: 1,158,230

New Jersey Devils
Discussions: 2,911Messages: 1,477,658

New York Islanders
Discussions: 6,314Messages: 983,671

New York Rangers
Discussions: 7,116Messages: 2,416,436

Philadelphia Flyers
Discussions: 5,993Messages: 1,862,250

Pittsburgh Penguins
Discussions: 6,643Messages: 2,388,163

Washington Capitals
Discussions: 1,890Messages: 617,406
--------

+ the added fact that the East division fans aren't as fanatic with their opinion compared to Canada where every family & friend gathering has some hockey banter going on.

Yeah my Guy, The Devils were never going to win a this poll on HFboards.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Sorry my guy, I didn't know you felt this lazy to day.

Let me click those division buttons for you.
NORTH DIVISION
Calgary Flames
Discussions: 3,263Messages: 532,649

Edmonton Oilers
Discussions: 8,314Messages: 2,183,668

Montreal Canadiens
Discussions: 11,094Messages: 3,568,381

Ottawa Senators
Discussions: 7,239Messages: 1,563,248

Toronto Maple Leafs
Discussions: 16,204Messages: 4,191,437

Vancouver Canucks
Discussions: 5,784Messages: 1,853,863

Winnipeg Jets
Discussions: 7,447Messages: 1,624,394

EAST DIVISION

Boston Bruins
Discussions: 10,550Messages: 2,537,732

Buffalo Sabres
Discussions: 6,615Messages: 1,158,230

New Jersey Devils
Discussions: 2,911Messages: 1,477,658

New York Islanders
Discussions: 6,314Messages: 983,671

New York Rangers
Discussions: 7,116Messages: 2,416,436

Philadelphia Flyers
Discussions: 5,993Messages: 1,862,250

Pittsburgh Penguins
Discussions: 6,643Messages: 2,388,163

Washington Capitals
Discussions: 1,890Messages: 617,406
--------

+ the added fact that the East division fans aren't as fanatic with their opinion compared to Canada where every family & friend gathering has some hockey banter going on.

Here’s something crazy to think about :eek:

Maybe.... Just maybe....

You have an internal bias towards the Devils and can’t put that aside to realize that Ottawa has JUST as promising of a future, if not more than the Devils and the people on this site see the exact same thing my guy.

THE PEOPLE have spoken my guy, Ottawa and more specifically Drake Batherson, is better than New Jersey and Jespar Bratt.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Here’s something crazy to think about :eek:

Maybe.... Just maybe....

You have an internal bias towards the Devils and can’t put that aside to realize that Ottawa has JUST as promising of a future, if not more than the Devils and the people on this site see the exact same thing my guy.

THE PEOPLE have spoken my guy, Ottawa and more specifically Drake Batherson, is better than New Jersey and Jespar Bratt.

Ah, you can't come back with something logical to what I said? Okay.

The fact that you can't even see how hypocritical you are by saying I am biased is really telling.

Reactions: Goomba

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

Just like they would in real life.

The hockey guy watches literally every game in the NHL, and hes got the Sens well ahead of the Devils for next season? Why do you think that is? Why is a team thats 2 years behind in their rebuild getting ranked like 10 spots ahead of the Devils?

Or is he just another biased Canadian hockey fan that doesnt recognize that the leagues best and brightest young team is percolating down in there in NJ, unbeknownst to the hockey world.... Their just hiding in plain sight in that forgotten division with Crosby, Ovy, ect ect that no one bothers to pay any attention to or watching....Give me a break....

Honestly I hate crapping on the Devils, I have nothing against them or their fan base. But the undeniable reality is that the Devil's core of young star players doesnt make anyone envious or jealous. Its meh.

And the sad truth is had they drafted any one of about dozen players over Zacha at 6OV in 2015 (terrible pick that literally everyone hated), the #3, 4 or 5OV picks in 2017 taken after NH that are all current game-breakers. Or how Hughes is actually still the default pick in 2019 (which speaks to how bad it looks today at the top end). - without some hella-bad luck/drafting - the Devils could/should actually be the young team to beat as of today.

But you are kidding yourself if this universes version of the NJD is still that same caliber of team, or that its players have the kind of value that you're sure they must..

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
Just like they would in real life.

The hockey guy watches literally every game in the NHL, and hes got the Sens well ahead of the Devils for next season? Why do you think that is? Why is a team thats 2 years behind in their rebuild getting ranked like 10 spots ahead of the Devils?

Or is he just another biased Canadian hockey fan that doesnt recognize that the leagues best and brightest young team is percolating down in there in NJ, unbeknownst to the hockey world.... Their just hiding in plain sight in that forgotten division with Crosby, Ovy, ect ect that no one bothers to pay any attention to or watching....Give me a break....

Honestly I hate crapping on the Devils, I have nothing against them or their fan base. But the undeniable reality is that the Devil's core of young star players doesnt make anyone envious or jealous. Its meh.

And the sad truth is had they drafted any one of about dozen players over Zacha at 6OV in 2015 (terrible pick that literally everyone hated), the #3, 4 or 5OV picks in 2017 taken after NH that are all current game-breakers. Or how Hughes is actually still the default pick in 2019 (which speaks to how bad it looks today at the top end). - without some hella-bad luck/drafting - the Devils could/should actually be the young team to beat as of today.

But you are kidding yourself if this universes version of the NJD is still that same caliber of team, or that its players have the kind of value that you're sure they must..
And the Athletic had the Devils and Rangers above Ottawa for U25 talent

Look, I can find people supporting my argument too. Doesnt make it right

Theyre close no matter what people think

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
And the Athletic had the Devils and Rangers above Ottawa for U25 talent

Look, I can find people supporting my argument too. Doesnt make it right

Theyre close no matter what people think

We both know that was not a current ranking from this year. Dont we :nod:

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
They were post-2020 draft

so ye, they are recent. Neither team has drafted anyone else nor acquired any other major names.

And what happened after the 2020 draft can you remind us all please?

Ill help... It was the 2021 hockey season, which golly gee may have changed things....

But again, we both already know that. Lol.

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
And what happened after the 2020 draft can you remind us all please?

Ill help... It was the 2021 hockey season, which golly gee may have changed things....

But again, we both already know that. Lol.
Unlike you, actual analysts and scouts dont base judgement nor change opinions on a players potential (a 10+ season foresight) off a 56 game season with disrupted divisions and covid riddled teams

youre reaching and its sad

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Keep reaching my guy.

Leafs Prospects vs Senators Prospects

Believe it or not, fans are able to have unbiased opinions. You’re not bud.

At the end of the day, 3/4 of people on this site think Ottawa has a better young core. Over 400 people voted too so it’s not a small sample size.

Just stop embarrassing yoself my guy.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad