That's me in the corner
That’s our first line playoff winger bro
Show some damn respect

upload_2020-12-20_21-8-13.gif

Reactions: Pez68 and Mrfenn92

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
With Strome on a regular line, but gets more mins by subbing in on the other top 2 lines throughout the game depending on how hes playing.

Toews Kubalik
Dach Kane
Strome Debrincat

is how I see the core lines taking shape.

Reactions: Malaka

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Best to keep simple tandems based on who we know produce well together. We literally spent all last season watching DeBrincat shuffled around and wondered why he wasnt clicking with anyone who wasnt Strome.

X-Toews-Kubalik (use in all situations)

X-Dach-Kane (have a bias in offensive starts but this Kane line shouldnt be a defensive tirefire like years past either)

DeBrincat-Strome-X (use this as matchup exploit against other teams weak lines)

Suter could be #1 LW if he produces to the level of Kubalik

Nylander if he doesnt suck could be a third man on Kane's line otherwise use Wallmark due to playing LW for the Canes a lot.

a player like Barratt or Shaw (if he even plays) could be a sand paper/net front player leaving Strome and Cat to play their game.

have Kampf, Janmark, Carpenter be a pure defensive 4th line.

If they arent ready just keep Nylander, Kurashev, Barratt, Altybarmakyan in the AHL where its already likely the last 3 need more time there anyway.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Best to keep simple tandems based on who we know produce well together. We literally spent all last season watching DeBrincat shuffled around and wondered why he wasnt clicking with anyone who wasnt Strome.

X-Toews-Kubalik (use in all situations)

X-Dach-Kane (have a bias in offensive starts but this Kane line shouldnt be a defensive tirefire like years past either)

DeBrincat-Strome-X (use this as matchup exploit against other teams weak lines)

Suter could be #1 LW if he produces to the level of Kubalik

Nylander if he doesnt suck could be a third man on Kane's line otherwise use Wallmark due to playing LW for the Canes a lot.

a player like Barratt or Shaw (if he even plays) could be a sand paper/net front player leaving Strome and Cat to play their game.

have Kampf, Janmark, Carpenter be a pure defensive 4th line.

If they arent ready just keep Nylander, Kurashev, Barratt, Altybarmakyan in the AHL where its already likely the last 3 need more time there anyway.

I’d almost prefer to give Hagel a shot with Dach and Kane to start rather than Nylander. Hagel should be coming in hot after playing overseas.

Maybe later in the season Nylander will overtake him for that spot, but I’d prefer to see how Hagel does off the bat. Don’t mind the idea of Suter with Toews and Kubalik (mainly because it will make Hinterland cringe).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad