Line Combos: Poll 3 : HF Hawks Decides - DeBrincat

Where does Cat play?

• Total voters

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I voted Dach's LW. I wanna see if Dach as centre for Kane and DeBrincat could work. I may change my mind before voting closes. Toews's LW was a close second.

Ya, I’m between those two as well. Slightly leaning more toward the Toews LW because I want Toews to have the best possible linemates, especially if Kane isn’t an option.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Ya, I’m between those two as well. Slightly leaning more toward the Toews LW because I want Toews to have the best possible linemates, especially if Kane isn’t an option.

If you want Toews playing against the harder matchups them give him a more defensive winger on LW. If you want Dach doing it, then play DeBrincat with Toews and put the more defensive winger with Kane and Dach.

I'm good with either but not sure who this Saad replacement winger is. Suter? Janmark? Shaw? Nylander?

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
If you want Toews playing against the harder matchups them give him a more defensive winger on LW. If you want Dach doing it, then play DeBrincat with Toews and put the more defensive winger with Kane and Dach.

I'm good with either but not sure who this Saad replacement winger is. Suter? Janmark? Shaw? Nylander?
It's either Janmark or Shaw.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

I mean, is there really any defensive winger on this team worthy of first or second line ice time?

All their top wingers are pretty much full offensive guys. Kubalik and DeBrincat at least have some aggressiveness to their game, but aren’t really two-way guys.

I just don’t think the Hawks have the personnel to use Toews in the way he was used in the Hossa years. He needs to be an offensive center at this point, unless there’s a huge personnel shift.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I mean, is there really any defensive winger on this team worthy of first or second line ice time?

All their top wingers are pretty much full offensive guys. Kubalik and DeBrincat at least have some aggressiveness to their game, but aren’t really two-way guys.

I just don’t think the Hawks have the personnel to use Toews in the way he was used in the Hossa years. He needs to be an offensive center at this point, unless there’s a huge personnel shift.

I don't disagree with you but if you want to play Toews as a more offensive centre then you need the third line C to be more defensive and basically not Dylan Strome.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I don't disagree with you but if you want to play Toews as a more offensive centre then you need the third line C to be more defensive and basically not Dylan Strome.

Exactly. Which is why some of us have been saying Strome needs to stop sulking about potentially moving to a top-6 wing role.

Two defensive bottom-6 lines with two good offensive top-6 lines is the way I think the Hawks should go.

There’s no Hossa, there’s no Sharp, no Saad. The top wingers are offensive guys. I think we need to acknowledge that and stop trying to use Toews like it’s 2013 or 2015.

If there’s a big personnel shift, I’d change my opinion.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Thats why you make him more offensive of a line by putting Strome in his wing :thumbu:

Here’s what I want to see. It’s an experimental year anyway.

DeBrincat/Strome-Toews-Kane/Kubalik
DeBrincat/Strome-Dach-Kane/Kubalik

Negotiable bottom-6

Janmark-Wallmark-Shaw/Suter
Highmore-Kampf-Carpenter

If Strome says “f*** being a wing” then you move him and let Nylander/Suter/Hagel compete for the other LW spot

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
Just going off reports it sounds like Suter will be a good fit with Dach-Kane. He sounds def responsible, goes to the net, and can help Dach with faceoffs.

If Strome is 3C the his wingers should be placeholders with Kane and Cat getting some double shifts there for O zone faceoffs.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Something I think a lot of posters here are missing. Kubalik is primarily LW. He plays RW on the PP, and he played RW last season when with Toews, because Saad is a LW.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Something I think a lot of posters here are missing. Kubalik is primarily LW. He plays RW on the PP, and he played RW last season when with Toews, because Saad is a LW.

Laz reported its the opposite and he’s not as comfortable on the LW as RW. I am totally confused though

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Well, if you look at his minor career, and his career in Europe, he's almost always on the left. But what do I know?

I don’t know either. I’ve been pretty confused by the whole thing. I thought the same that he was a LW and a RW only on the PP. But Laz seems adamant that he's a RW first and foremost.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I don’t know either. I’ve been pretty confused by the whole thing. I thought the same that he was a LW and a RW only on the PP. But Laz seems adamant that he's a RW first and foremost.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Laz doesn't know wtf he's talking about. He's been a LW since he was drafted. Even in his highlights, he's primarily working off the LW.

But whatever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad