Post-Game Talk: Politically Incorrect Mascot

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
They need to just stop counting all goals that aren't propelled into the net with a hockey stick. Anything off a leg/skate should not count. Obviously some exemptions if the puck goes in off a player who aren't even trying to play the puck and it's just such a quick play while they are standing in front (like it going in off your ass or face).

The WHL tried to take the kicking motion distinction out of the rule a few years back. If the puck was in the crease and went off a skate and in, it was no goal regardless of kick or deflection. If the puck was outside the crease, it could be deflected or kicked in. But I think that they changed it back to the standard rule.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wonder if the Rangers should get a mascot. They are fun and cool, especially After that Biz skit , lol.

I Can always fall back to Wild Wing but would be cool if the Rangers had one, and no Dancin Larry doesn’t count.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
IMG_0808.jpeg

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Who was last Rangers rookie to score 30 goals and 30 assists.
Please allow Alex Trebek to recap......

the answer is..........Tony Amonte

I'll take Rangers for $500 Alex

Who is the last Ranger rookie to record 30 goals and 30 assists in one season?

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC

So I left a few words out....

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Othmann future is at RW on this team. They played him on the left to get him comfortable but moved him up with Wheeler in the box. Amazing that all our wingers are left wings. Don't see how you can trade Kakko. Next move I would make is to see if Wheeler can handle 3C. Has to be better than Bonino, right? If not, there's no way Drury doesn't trade for a center at the deadline.

Reactions: TopShelfSnipes

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I don't want to harp on it but Wheeler is a weak link. All this talk about Rangers winning when they play a speed game - well Wheeler is so not that. He's going to be so gassed come the playoffs that it's going to be really tough to watch.

I almost wonder if they should trade him away at the deadline and bring in someone else. I'm not sure there is even a spot for him down the lineup when Chytil and Kakko are back. Wheeler isn't a fourth line type guy is he?

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Man its a good thing we didn't trade Lafreniere for a 3rd pick like some were suggesting lol

Now we have to hear it about Kakko. Trading him for deadline rentals and such when literally weeks ago he was dominant in the preseason and people were calling 60 point seasons.

Reactions: UnSandvich

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005

I guessed Prucha

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
It's actually exciting to watch Laf play nowadays. Becoming a hell of a playmaker. Non Ranger fans like to bring up the fact that he's on a line with Panarin, but some of these passes are beautiful.

Edit: also notice he's more business like on the ice this year, less smiling after every play good or not. Even when he scores or makes a great play he looks like he's been there before.
Even in past years, he barely celebrated goals.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

hella rights

Oct 9, 2006
Laf made some awesome passes tonight
Whats also been impressive is that while he’s been dishing out these high-danger passes more often this season, they’re not turning in rush opportunities the other way when they don’t connect. This drove me nuts with Panarin in past seasons, looks like Laf is doing a better job of picking his spots and not forcing plays.

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
I’m sure it has been mentioned, but they should see if they can get Blackwell back at the TDL. Him, Goodrow and Vesey would be a good 4th line.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
It's actually exciting to watch Laf play nowadays. Becoming a hell of a playmaker. Non Ranger fans like to bring up the fact that he's on a line with Panarin, but some of these passes are beautiful.

Edit: also notice he's more business like on the ice this year, less smiling after every play good or not. Even when he scores or makes a great play he looks like he's been there before.
To me, the difference is that he's not "playing scared" -- he doesn't have to worry about being benched and demoted to bottom lines over a minor mistake.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
also lately has been doing a good job at holding onto the puck and making plays on and off the boards. Getting a bit of that Panarin style and teams are starting to give him a bit more space as well.

Only thing he can do is keep generating and taking those chances. I also wondered a bit last night if he had a little extra jump from playing against another #1 overall. Obviously Bedard is far better but just for last night Laf looked his equal or better

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008

He was one of the last guys off the ice, at least last night. He got some playful gloves to the face by Kreider and others I think. He's part of the clique. Hope he doesn't ignore Kakko and Chytil.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Btw I'm visiting my parents. They eat a lot of tofu, and I've seen some moths.

You tell me what's going on if it's just coincidental.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Boris Zubov and Lua
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes