Police Find Crosby's Team Canada Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCCHL inactive

Bergeron47 said:
If it is the right one, what happens to the white one that sold for over 20,000 on eBay?

It didn't sell. Hockey Canada pulled it from the auction when they learned Crosby's red jersey went missing, and gave the white one to him.

Now that they have his red jersey back, I imagine Hockey Canada will put the white jersey back on eBay for a new auction.

Orv

Jan 7, 2004
Calgary, Ab/Eston,SK
KB said:
If it says "Croby" on the back, it's a fake...

Seriously though, I'm curious as to the details of how it was recovered.

A mailman found it in a Montreal mailbox. I also heard that they have a 48 year old Montreal man in custody.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Before they got the dude in custody, the news was reporting that there was a police investigation into the theft. Dude! I guess there's an investigation into any crime, but sheesh, they made it sound like an attempted murder. :eek:

cstu

May 6, 2004
Because it was going to be sold, I would almost guarantee that there are other features on the jersey that allow it to be easily authenticated, like maybe some special thread woven into the jersey itself.

AgentOrange*

"It was obviously his sweater," Mr. Saucier, 52, said. "It had Crosby in big letters and on the other side were all the logos and everything.

What does he mean? :help: I thought hockey jerseys put the players names in big letters on the front with all the logos and everything on the forearms of the sleeves?

:rolleyes:

AgentOrange*

They said it smells pretty bad, so that's a good sign," Mr. Crosby joked to Halifax-based television station ATV.

Crosby thinks its a good sign that his jersey probably smells of perfume etc (whatever) from the girl who wore it to her school last week?

:joker:

BCCHL inactive

AgentOrange said:
What does he mean? :help: I thought hockey jerseys put the players names in big letters on the front with all the logos and everything on the forearms of the sleeves?

:rolleyes:

It is possible the numbers and letters you would buy at certain retailers are slightly smaller than the ones on player-issued jerseys.

alecfromtherock

Feb 2, 2004
Even the jersey that Crosby worn gets overblown media coverage on a epic scale.

Cathy Jones of This Hour Has 22 Minutes was spot on with Friday the 15th episode

Paraphrase:

Now that Sydney Crosby’s missing jersey has been found Montreal police can start working on important cases once more, like finding a pair of mittens Crosby lost when he was 11.

Bandwagoner

Nov 18, 2003
Canada
Visit site
alecfromtherock said:
Even the jersey that Crosby worn gets overblown media coverage on a epic scale.

Cathy Jones of This Hour Has 22 Minutes was spot on with Friday the 15th episode

Paraphrase:

Now that Sydney Crosby’s missing jersey has been found Montreal police can start working on important cases once more, like finding a pair of mittens Crosby lost when he was 11.

pssst "Alec"

"Friday was the 14th" (sorry for being picky)

But yeah even Air Farce had a cab drving skit where the cab driver said (paraphrase): "Now all of Canada can slee in peace" (the passenger then said said) "Yes, Canada's aid is reaching Southeast Asia" (The Driver Replied) "No, Sidney Crosby got his jersey back"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad