Polar Hockey Sticks

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
They say 100% carbon bud also durable.

For me, since I don't have anywhere near an nhl salary and NHL and since I have to pay to play (3times a week) I'm looking for a really good stick that I love but also that won't break.

I bought an Easton Synergy S-17 a couple years back and loved it but the blade broke by the time I played 10 games. Tried an S-18 last year and it broke halfway down the blade too. Amazing sticks for the way I play but man, 200-300$ and it breaks after 10 games? I'm actually thinking about going back to the Koho Revolution yellow Canadian Tire special. Actually not that bad a stick for 80 bucks or so. Too bad it doesn't have the grippy shaft though.

So something worth checking out for me anyway depending on price.

the watcher

Feb 7, 2006
Montreal

For me, since I don't have anywhere near an nhl salary and NHL and since I have to pay to play (3times a week) I'm looking for a really good stick that I love but also that won't break.

I bought an Easton Synergy S-17 a couple years back and loved it but the blade broke by the time I played 10 games. Tried an S-18 last year and it broke halfway down the blade too. Amazing sticks for the way I play but man, 200-300$ and it breaks after 10 games? I'm actually thinking about going back to the Koho Revolution yellow Canadian Tire special. Actually not that bad a stick for 80 bucks or so. Too bad it doesn't have the grippy shaft though.

if you always break the blade why don't you just buy a 2 piece stick? blade breaks put a new one!

number 11

Jan 11, 2008
Montreal

this is why i switched from easton sticks...i find they break so easily to the point where i'm afraid to put any stress on the shaft. i'm now a loyal reebok 10k user, never turning back!

ruski17

Jun 7, 2010
Montreal
this is why i switched from easton sticks...i find they break so easily to the point where i'm afraid to put any stress on the shaft. i'm now a loyal reebok 10k user, never turning back!

Trust me, a wooden stick will never break on you or just about. I still have trouble believing a stick can make the player better. My friend who plays defence said that he used a wooden stick on ice and when he switched, the only difference he felt was the price tag. (I'm a goalie so I stick to wood for the price and there isn't really a point to get a composite goalie stick IMO)

Maverik

Oct 26, 2006

Put wax on the shaft of your 80$ stick where you want the "grip" to be, it will feel the same.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Put wax on the shaft of your 80$ stick where you want the "grip" to be, it will feel the same.

I've tried wax (that IceWax stuff you put over the tape on your blade) and tried rubbing the shaft with the side of a roll of black stick tape. (saw Markov doing that once :laugh:). It's not the same as the grip.

Like a poster above said the Eastons break just looking at them. Fantastic feel, but I can't affort a 200-300$ stick that breaks halfway through the season.

Trouble is once you play with one it's really hard to go back.

Baggy Spandex

The Nightman Cometh
Mar 5, 2008
Fake Rangerfanville
Man I wish Easton's blades lasted longer. Best stick to play with IMO, but the blades don't last long at all. It seems to me that they improve everything on the newer models as they come out except for the blades. It's mind-boggling, really.

BadHammy*

Trust me, a wooden stick will never break on you or just about. I still have trouble believing a stick can make the player better. My friend who plays defence said that he used a wooden stick on ice and when he switched, the only difference he felt was the price tag. (I'm a goalie so I stick to wood for the price and there isn't really a point to get a composite goalie stick IMO)

I can't recall the number of wooden sticks I've seen break, despite seeing so many less of them on the ice.

I'd love to know the price of one of these sticks.

Me too, it sounds too good to be true unless they're $200+.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

Wood sticks break plenty. They also have the added downside that they absorb moisture and deteriorate very quickly.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I can't recall the number of wooden sticks I've seen break, despite seeing so many less of them on the ice.

Me too, it sounds too good to be true unless they're $200+.

I agree. Part of me thinks they're less than $100 dollars then the realistic part of me knows they are way over that. :(

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Pure carbon fiber, light weight, foam in the blade, available in 80 flex, sounds good, though who knows until you actually use it. If they're reasonably cheap and get good reviews I wouldn't be opposed to trying them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad