GDT: POL vs. LAT May 11, 2024

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I did and thats the problem, just by looking at the rosters, this shouldnt have been this close. We played horribly. So many sloppy passes, so many dumb decisions, turnovers, you name it.
Teams have bad games. Even if those are the good teams. Especially when it's the first game of the tournament and it isn't even a good team, it's Latvia with all due respect.

Reactions: Summer Rose

LKI

May 15, 2016
Jūrmala
I did and thats the problem, just by looking at the rosters, this shouldnt have been this close. We played horribly. So many sloppy passes, so many dumb decisions, turnovers, you name it.
Sloppy take. Watch some more.
Poland played a solid game and luck was on their side.

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
Teams have bad games. Even if those are the good teams. Especially when it's the first game of the tournament and it isn't even a good team, it's Latvia with all due respect.
This isnt the best team even by our standards were missing some very key players like Balcers, Balinskis, Bļugers, but even then its still Poland. Polish league is garbage, it shouldnt be this close.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Ah, what a shame! Don’t get me wrong, I like the Latvian team, but Poland has not won a game at this level of the worlds for 22 years, would have been cool for them!

Vikz

Dec 26, 2021
This isnt the best team even by our standards were missing some very key players like Balcers, Balinskis, Bļugers, but even then its still Poland. Polish league is garbage, it shouldnt be this close.
Dude, relax and have some respect. Hockey is one of the most unpredictable sports. Canada won UK just 4-2, and the gap there is times bigger than with Latvia - Poland. Poles played good hockey and dont deserve the "garbage" label. Luck was not on Latvias side today.

legionista

Jan 17, 2013
Maryland/Brooklyn
Great effort by Poland, Latvia clearly underestimated them and got frustrated often in this game by taking dumb penalties and even punching the ref.
That being said Poland has to learn that having a PP at this level, you can't just think offensively, one turn over at the blue line against any of these teams and they get a shorty.
Zabolotny was supposed to start in net this game, but came down with some illness so Murray started. Maybe with Zabolotny we wouldn't lost that 3rd goal, was kinda soft.
I fully expect for Poland to get demolished tomorrow against Sweden.

RBbandit

Jan 4, 2020
Great effort by Poland, Latvia clearly underestimated them and got frustrated often in this game by taking dumb penalties and even punching the ref.
That being said Poland has to learn that having a PP at this level, you can't just think offensively, one turn over at the blue line against any of these teams and they get a shorty.
Zabolotny was supposed to start in net this game, but came down with some illness so Murray started. Maybe with Zabolotny we wouldn't lost that 3rd goal, was kinda soft.
I fully expect for Poland to get demolished tomorrow against Sweden.
Punching the ref was probably the best part of the game :) the whole match was a pleasure to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad