Pokemon Thread #25 - A new Tera

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
As much as I feel like chasing my shiny Rayquaza is gonna be a pain in the ass, I wayyy prefer this raid format. Yeah, it takes longer to get through a run but trying to farm exp candies through raids was such a pain in the ass because matchmaking was so wonky it made me not want to do it.

These dungeon runs make it so I can simultaneously have a 1 in 25 shot at a shiny, I can randomly go for natures and IVs, all while easily farming currency that can buy me things that felt much harder to acquire before, and all that with the benefit of a matchmaking system that should've been there from the beginning.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
As much as I feel like chasing my shiny Rayquaza is gonna be a pain in the ass, I wayyy prefer this raid format. Yeah, it takes longer to get through a run but trying to farm exp candies through raids was such a pain in the ass because matchmaking was so wonky it made me not want to do it.

These dungeon runs make it so I can simultaneously have a 1 in 25 shot at a shiny, I can randomly go for natures and IVs, all while easily farming currency that can buy me things that felt much harder to acquire before, and all that with the benefit of a matchmaking system that should've been there from the beginning.
Yeah, I don't mind for now since I want to buy a bunch of those ability patches.

Reactions: HanSolo

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
This one feels like it has a lot more to do than the first one. While the main mission/quest isn’t very long, you also have two other groups of legendaries to hunt as well as the raid missions. Lots of legendaries to get.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
It's really fun doing the dynamax adventures blind. I had forgotten all about Kartana until I got one, and since it was jolly I decided to keep it.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Lol nearly 40 adventures and I finally got my first shiny. Diggersby. Very whatever about it. Looks meh and not a poke I really ever use. Whatever. Gonna keep at it and hope Rayquaza is black soon.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Lol nearly 40 adventures and I finally got my first shiny. Diggersby. Very whatever about it. Looks meh and not a poke I really ever use. Whatever. Gonna keep at it and hope Rayquaza is black soon.
You hit the jackpot, Diggersby is an awesome shiny. Way better than Rayquaza.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I haven’t really been doing the adventures. I got Uxie and Entei from those so far. But I got all Regis except the electric one and Gigas and caught Cobalion (or however you spell it). Going for Keldeo.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
God I cannot stand some of the random players I do these adventures with. Rayquaza den clearly shows dragon type at the end, the leftmost path has two fairy options and an ice all on the same run. They vote to go right on the first stage cause I guess everyone wanted a shiny Alolan Raichu or something.

So f***ing annoying.

Only reason I'm still matchmaking is the AIs are even dumber.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
God I cannot stand some of the random players I do these adventures with. Rayquaza den clearly shows dragon type at the end, the leftmost path has two fairy options and an ice all on the same run. They vote to go right on the first stage cause I guess everyone wanted a shiny Alolan Raichu or something.

So f***ing annoying.

Only reason I'm still matchmaking is the AIs are even dumber.

LOL. Yeah when they don't vote for the path that makes the most sense it's frustrating. I think they should increase the timer for the very first path (maybe a full minute) and maybe give us some preloaded chat options so you can highlight a full path and explain logic "best path to get pokemon for legendary fight" or "I want a Pokemon on this route". And then your team votes on the first fork, and votes on each subsequent fork. Just give us an option to have some sort of discussion to start.

At least that way you would understand what is going on.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Ended up getting two more shinies (Luxray and Pyukumuku) for three in one day which is pretty cool. Odds evened out at two, now I'm above average. Still trying for Rayquaza.

Luxray looked pretty badass tbh

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Ended up getting two more shinies (Luxray and Pyukumuku) for three in one day which is pretty cool. Odds evened out at two, now I'm above average. Still trying for Rayquaza.

Luxray looked pretty badass tbh
I got over 70 raids in this weekend without getting a shiny. I just know that when I finally do get mine, it'll be 2 available at once with neither of them being the Tapu Fini.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Actually really liking this. I’ve gotten all the birds, swords, and Regis so far. It still feels like there’s a lot to do too.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I got over 70 raids in this weekend without getting a shiny. I just know that when I finally do get mine, it'll be 2 available at once with neither of them being the Tapu Fini.

That's about how many I did this weekend so your luck is sure to turn at least once. At least you're pretty stacked on ore.

Actually really liking this. I’ve gotten all the birds, swords, and Regis so far. It still feels like there’s a lot to do too.

Lol I haven't even touched the story yet.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
That's about how many I did this weekend so your luck is sure to turn at least once. At least you're pretty stacked on ore.

Lol I haven't even touched the story yet.
I didn’t want to pay for the online membership and the computers are dumb and I always lost so I was hoping there’d be something in the story that let me take my own Pokémon in.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I didn’t want to pay for the online membership and the computers are dumb and I always lost so I was hoping there’d be something in the story that let me take my own Pokémon in.
Playing with bots should be at least somewhat doable. The bots are dumb for sure but I've still completed around 6 Rayquaza runs with bots trying to go faster not waiting for everyone to make a move. And even if you don't make it all the way through, the first three stage mons are still at a high shiny rate.

Not saying you should stop working through the story, I want to as soon as black Rayquaza is mine but soloing these runs is doable just not consistent.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Playing with bots should be at least somewhat doable. The bots are dumb for sure but I've still completed around 6 Rayquaza runs with bots trying to go faster not waiting for everyone to make a move. And even if you don't make it all the way through, the first three stage mons are still at a high shiny rate.

Not saying you should stop working through the story, I want to as soon as black Rayquaza is mine but soloing these runs is doable just not consistent.
I was able to do a Uxie, Entei, and Palkia run with bots. Suicuine and Moltres I got destroyed though. It kind of depends on the run. I already knew I was going to have to get a membership anyway cause my brother likes to play online games and that’s our “bonding time” most of the time. I was able to do both the Suicuine and Moltres runs with actual people pretty easily. Both of those we had one guy use 3 of the possible faints and that was annoying but it ended up fine. I also don’t really care about shinies. I have 2 right now (Zeroara and Alcremie) and so if I get them randomly great, if I don’t I don’t have the patience to hunt them.

Sidenote don’t look up spoilers to the story. Not that there really is anything to spoil. Just makes it more fun not knowing what’s next.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Well. f***. I was really hoping this wouldn't happen to me. Going with Alcremie. Blaziken's shiny is a bit underwhelming.

ZPAjioE.jpg

MeM3H7v.jpg

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Well. f***. I was really hoping this wouldn't happen to me. Going with Alcremie. Blaziken's shiny is a bit underwhelming.

ZPAjioE.jpg

MeM3H7v.jpg
Shit dude, you're simultaneously having better and worse luck than me with that one. Still haven't gotten a shiny. Think my game is broken.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Shit dude, you're simultaneously having better and worse luck than me with that one. Still haven't gotten a shiny. Think my game is broken.
I had the same feeling then they started coming in waves after my 55th raid. Didn't even do that many today. Like ten. And clearly, didn't even beat Rayquaza on that last one.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
I had the same feeling then they started coming in waves after my 55th raid. Didn't even do that many today. Like ten. And clearly, didn't even beat Rayquaza on that last one.
I'm not even sure how many adventures I've done, but I think it is around 90.

I think the Alcremie was a good choice, it's a pretty fun shiny.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Finally got my first shiny from the dynamax adventures, unfortunately it was a Chansey with Healer, so it is useless because I can't get rid of the HA to a normal ability. Oh well, Chansey has a pretty nice shiny so I'm happy with it.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Congrats Wing. Kind of annoyed to say I have two new shinies, Siglyph and Alolan Persian. Up to 6 now. I know it seems like humble bragging but it's really not. I'd trade all 6 for a black Rayquaza at this point. Would hurt to give up Alcremie and Luxray but this hunt is getting exhausting at this point.

Reactions: wingsnut19

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Well I've officially seen the stupidest shit I've yet seen in one of these games. Rayquaza raid, go in with one down out of four. Teammate with an Alcremie afk's after the first fight. Alcremie auto picks decorate and buffs Rayquaza's attack and sp attack. We quickly get wiped after that. What makes it worse is a teammate managed to crit Rayquaza to a sliver of health. We needed one more attack to win. So this motherf***er made me wait three fights worth of move timeouts (which made an araquanid fight take nearly ten minutes) and then his being away from the game made the AI derp and fail the whole run. I'm so pissed.

I should have just disconnected my Switch from the wifi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad