Pokemon Thread #25 - A new Tera

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Sorry to hear about your losses.
Actually just found my X cartridge, which had almost all of the ones I was missing (nearly 60 shinies, forgot how much I played that game). Also managed to hatch another shiny Honedge in Pokemon Sun before finding my cartridge. But the Reshiram and Raikou are on Omega Ruby. Hopefully it will show up somewhere as well.

Do we know if there is going to be a way to manipulate IVs in Sword and Shield like in Sun and Moon?

Reactions: Commander Clueless

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Apparently the pre-load is available now. Getting closer to a new generation on new hardware, which is getting pretty exciting, even if the graphics aren't what people expected and with the lack of a complete dex. Always fun to roam around and find new Pokemon, and I think they have done a good job of releasing enough designs to get me interested, but have left enough to encounter for the first time in game.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Apparently the pre-load is available now. Getting closer to a new generation on new hardware, which is getting pretty exciting, even if the graphics aren't what people expected and with the lack of a complete dex. Always fun to roam around and find new Pokemon, and I think they have done a good job of releasing enough designs to get me interested, but have left enough to encounter for the first time in game.

Unless the reason they only revealed a few Pokemon was that's all the new ones they have! CONSPIRACY!

Everyone get out your PokeFoil Hats!

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Yup. Time for me to try and resist the temptation to look at the leaks. A battle I lose pretty much every time. This is way too early.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I always try my best to avoid plot leaks (granted, it's a Pokemon game, not like I'm unable to guess most of the time lol). But I enjoy seeing the new Pokemon ahead of time. Gives me something to look forward to.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
So.

Those starters are ****ing horrendous
Fire guy went from the coolest to BY FAR the worst with its evo line.

Water guy is pretty cool, it's who I'll probably end up taking.

Grass guy is okay, nothing special imo.

but let's be reality here

Galar Zigzagoon is the true starter

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Fire guy went from the coolest to BY FAR the worst with its evo line.

Water guy is pretty cool, it's who I'll probably end up taking.

Grass guy is okay, nothing special imo.

but let's be reality here

Galar Zigzagoon is the true starter

I hate the water one. Not as much as fire. Grass I guess is fine but it looks ridiculous. Grass hasn't had a good third stage evolution since Serperior.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I hate the water one. Not as much as fire. Grass I guess is fine but it looks ridiculous. Grass hasn't had a good third stage evolution since Serperior.
Fair. it's pretty clear they were trying to do something similar to what made Greninja popular with the Water evo's design... and maybe it looks better in-game, who knows. But they missed the mark on it. Fire has had worse representation than Grass IMO, at least Decidueye was decent. Infernape was the last really good Fire starter. I was never a big fan of Incineroar.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Fair. it's pretty clear they were trying to do something similar to what made Greninja popular with the Water evo's design... and maybe it looks better in-game, who knows. But they missed the mark on it. Fire has had worse representation than Grass IMO, at least Decidueye was decent. Infernape was the last really good Fire starter. I was never a big fan of Incineroar.
Yeah now that I think about it, you're right Decidueye was actually pretty great compared to his generation's partners. Fire has indeed been pretty WOAT. Last good one was maybe infernape but I'd honestly say the last truly good one was Blaziken.

Idk it's like they tried to give Greninja the attitude of Serperior.[/Spoiler}

Reactions: Drop Shock

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I haven't clicked any of these spoilers on here, I'm winning.

Only because I did see some leaks on twitter the other day and I don't wanna see more.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007

These changes will really make building a competitive team a lot easier. Hopefully bottlecaps are also still a thing.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Thinking of buying one version digitally so I can play it Thursday night and pick up a physical copy of the other one down the road when Walmart restocks since the games are cheaper there now.

These changes will really make building a competitive team a lot easier. Hopefully bottlecaps are also still a thing.

Pretty cool additions, but I doubt there will be much competitive battling in this gen because of the # of pokemon that was cut from the game. I'm not interested in this feature at all tbh, which is sad since I loved competitive battling when we were first able to battle and trade using wi-fi.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Thinking of buying one version digitally so I can play it Thursday night and pick up a physical copy of the other one down the road when Walmart restocks since the games are cheaper there now.

Pretty cool additions, but I doubt there will be much competitive battling in this gen because of the # of pokemon that was cut from the game. I'm not interested in this feature at all tbh, which is sad since I loved competitive battling when we were first able to battle and trade using wi-fi.
As long as there is battlespot, I'll still be battling competitively, at least for the first little while.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
The more I read and the more I think about it, the less excited I get. I've gone from "definitely going to preorder" to "might not even get it months from now" just because the whole thing seems shoddy and half-assed.

I've been replaying HG and Platinum lately. Truly the peak of this franchise, IMO. Such amazing games.

Reactions: Vegeta

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
The more I read and the more I think about it, the less excited I get. I've gone from "definitely going to preorder" to "might not even get it months from now" just because the whole thing seems shoddy and half-assed.

I've been replaying HG and Platinum lately. Truly the peak of this franchise, IMO. Such amazing games.
I'm still looking forward to it, but I doubt that I'll play as much as I played X/Y or Sun and Moon. Unless they do I complete overhaul, I also doubt that I'll end up getting the third version, whatever it ends up being called.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
I don't get it. What is everyone so upset about? GF has been doing the same thing for 20 years and people kept buying it. Don't tell me it's because they changed it too much.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I'm definitely excited about it, but I feel this is a game I can wait on and probably get to it between black Friday and Christmas. I've been really looking forward to the Jedi Fallen Order game which comes out the same day and I feel like I know what to expect in a Pokemon game that I can afford to wait a tiny bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad