Pokemon Thread #25 - A new Tera

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
That just isn't true.

G/S/C, R/S/E, D/P/PT, and HG/SS are all some of the best games you could own on their respective platforms.

There's a definite argument that the games have harshly declined post DS era, but a franchise doesn't get this beloved without a solid foundation.
I'm pretty sure there's a lot of sarcasm going on in the posts you're referencing.

Pokemon games have always been fine, but HGSS aside, never really amazing.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
That just isn't true.

G/S/C, R/S/E, D/P/PT, and HG/SS are all some of the best games you could own on their respective platforms.

There's a definite argument that the games have harshly declined post DS era, but a franchise doesn't get this beloved without a solid foundation.

Sarcasm, dude. I'm responding to a person saying that Snap was the only good game by pointing out that it's the highest grossing media franchise of all time and the only one worth a trillion dollars.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Has anyone tried to get the apricorn balls with that machine? I tried a couple times over my lunch but only got garbage out. Is it just RNG?

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I just can't get into the mainline games. I have earnestly tried like 3 or 4 times now but they're just so boring.

I love everything about the Pokemon IP, except for the actual Pokemon videogames.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Expansion brings in A LOT of the old Pokédex. Not too much new things. Adds a large new wild area and haven’t fully explored it yet. I’d say the expansion pass is worth it but individually they are not.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Expansion brings in A LOT of the old Pokédex. Not too much new things. Adds a large new wild area and haven’t fully explored it yet. I’d say the expansion pass is worth it but individually they are not.

I was a bit peeved they had the silver-y mist background for the battle against Mustard instead of his dojo when you initially get to the island. Assuming the second part of the pass is just as large as the first, I think it's a decent enough amount of space to explore for $33.99 or whatever it was. Kind of wish there was a bit more story.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Oh if it;s mobile only i'm out for sure.

Also do we know if it is free to play?

It will be available on Switch as well, I just picked out the mobile phone as the only other platform they talked about. I would imagine some compromises will be made so it's playable on the phone without being at too much of a disadvantage.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It will be available on Switch as well, I just picked out the mobile phone as the only other platform they talked about. I would imagine some compromises will be made so it's playable on the phone without being at too much of a disadvantage.
Okay cool.

I also just read that it is free to start.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
What a letdown. Was there any reason to have a completely separate direct for this crap? Especially with how overhyped it ended up being? If they wanted to save something for today, it should've been Snap, IMO.

EDIT: Also, Shiny Zeraora distribution starting Monday:

Last edited:

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Any game done by Tencent is a hard pass for me.

Yeah the more I think about it the more frustrating it is The Pokemon Company dressed this up as an announcement when it was more like an advertisement and sponsorship (like when you see a Twitch streamer play a game for money from the developer, I tend to avoid those streams).

I understand this could be a big deal in China. But why string along the other major markets other than to advertise for Tencent?

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
It's my fault for getting my hopes up for Let's Go Johto game or even Sinnoh remakes.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I just started playing League this last week, my first MOBA, so I'm actually pretty excited about Pokemon Unite! I didn't really expect Let's Go Larvitar or gen 4 remakes, so this was pretty close to my expectation level. Overall, looks reasonably fun, I like learning new attacks as a replacement to buying/building and training to level up and evolve is a pretty smart take on the League power spikes.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
I just started playing League this last week, my first MOBA, so I'm actually pretty excited about Pokemon Unite! I didn't really expect Let's Go Larvitar or gen 4 remakes, so this was pretty close to my expectation level. Overall, looks reasonably fun, I like learning new attacks as a replacement to buying/building and training to level up and evolve is a pretty smart take on the League power spikes.
It's an interesting idea and I hope they find a market for it, but can't say I'm interested off the bat. Feels like something that will have a lot of ingame purchases and I've never really enjoyed games that do that.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
It's an interesting idea and I hope they find a market for it, but can't say I'm interested off the bat. Feels like something that will have a lot of ingame purchases and I've never really enjoyed games that do that.

Mobas have usually been FPT and you can buy/earn more characters, I can't imagine they'll deviate too far from the formula.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Mobas have usually been FPT and you can buy/earn more characters, I can't imagine they'll deviate too far from the formula.
If it isn't too heavy handed with the in game purchases I might check it out, it could be fun.

Does anyone know if they've fixed the issue where the Isle of Armor dex wasn't updating when you brought your Pokemon over from Home?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad