Poise vs. Offensive Awareness

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I’ve been playing EA NHL for a while, but poise vs. offensive awareness still confuses me a bit. When simming, does offensive awareness equal vision (playmaking ability) and does poise equal offensive consistency? I want to know for franchise mode and for when and how I edit/create players, but also I would like to know if it affects gameplay. Thank you.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Anybody got any more information on this. I would love to know how these stats impact the sim as well, and any other information on how stats impact simming would be appreciated

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
In my experience, Offensive Awareness really matters, and poise doesn't matter at all.

You can have a player with superb offensive stats (90+ passing, great shot), but if his offensive awareness is low, he's just not going to put up points.

Conversely, a "good" offensive player (85s), can put up a great number of points if his offensive awareness is in the 90s.

Poise, in my experience, means very little.

Whether a player has low or high poise, it seems as though they are still going to be putting up points regardless - therefore, for several years now, I've completely ignored Poise as a stat

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
In my experience, Offensive Awareness really matters, and poise doesn't matter at all.

You can have a player with superb offensive stats (90+ passing, great shot), but if his offensive awareness is low, he's just not going to put up points.

Conversely, a "good" offensive player (85s), can put up a great number of points if his offensive awareness is in the 90s.

Poise, in my experience, means very little.

Whether a player has low or high poise, it seems as though they are still going to be putting up points regardless - therefore, for several years now, I've completely ignored Poise as a stat

Seems to matter in the playoffs, at least in my opinion. I could be wrong though, because EA probably doesn't work that into the game logic.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
You need players with high poise to do well in the playoffs when simming.

Offensive Awareness is essentially how well they use their offensive stats. As @Tak7 explained above, a player with good offensive overalls, but lower O/A, likely won't produce as much as they should, while a high O/A, with slightly above average offensive overalls, can turn into key contributors.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
The sim is just garbage. One year i made the playoffs with a pretty bad team and a divisional rival missed, that offseason they lost their 2 best players to free agency and i had a lot of cap space so i signed them both (marner and tavares), i ended up missing the playoffs the next year while they made it. Makes absolutely no sense.

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
in my experience with the game, the players with the higher poise are going to be your big game performers, whether it be down the stretch to get into the playoffs, or in the playoff themselves.
could be wrong, but ive but looking hard at the poise stat for 3 years trying to figure out what it meant. started taking notes of which players had highest poise’s and sure enough, the would routinely be some of my best performers in the playoffs.

Reactions: Hypernova

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad