Pointing the Finger at Bergevin? Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Bergevin & the Habs are playing the best hockey from a Habs team since the last Stanley Cup winners in 1992-1993 season, IMHO.:nod:

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Bergevin & the Habs are playing the best hockey from a Habs team since the last Stanley Cup winners in 1992-1993 season, IMHO.:nod:

Scoring 1-2 goals per game against NHL goaltenders really is great. :nod:

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
habs need to make changes next year.
1. DD and Pleks have to go. Or keep Pleks as 3rd line center. That would suit him perfectly right now.
2. Too many role players. what the heck was MB thinking?
3. Hamilton Bulldogs coach needs to go. Some young guys need to get promoted sooner.
4. MT might need to go depending on the outcome of those two games in TB. Losing 9 games in a row to one team in the NHL when you are supposed to be an elite team is in my book unacceptable. If nothing is done regarding this situation habs could lose year after year to them they are young and are going nowhere better remedy the situation now.
5. Bergevin needs to go. This years has been bad for him he s on a rampage of destruction not sure if it's fixable.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009

Umm Saku who stepped up his points in the post season would likely disagree. We squeaked by an exhausted Ottawa and are less than 2 GPG how is this good hockey, nevermind any entertainment value from this dog turd style

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
My only fear is MB doesn't see the problems we see.

Starting with Therrien.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Fire Bergevin, Timmins, Therrien, Daigneault etc....

Trade Subban, Price, Patches etc....

Make polls on HF to see who to hire and trade for.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Fire Bergevin, Timmins, Therrien, Daigneault etc....

Trade Subban, Price, Patches etc....

Make polls on HF to see who to hire and trade for.

Well, for starters, HF would vote to keep Price, Patches, Subban and Timmins. I would also venture to say that most would keep MB as well. So this post is a hyperbolic and strawman-esque.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Well, for starters, HF would vote to keep Price, Patches, Subban and Timmins. I would also venture to say that most would keep MB as well. So this post is a hyperbolic and strawman-esque.

So normal around here :laugh:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I have no problem with MB saying it's a "transition year." It's called managing expectations. Its a means of deflection pressure and I don't blame him for it at all.

What is surprising though is that some people here actually buy it...

Best goalie (maybe player in the league) best blueliner (arguably in the league) one of the best wingers in the league and a solid supporting cast.

That's not a team in transition.

We needed a winger this year badly. It's too bad we didn't get one but I won't rip him for it. No idea what the market was but it's a crying shame we didn't address this weakness. We had one thing you can't count on this year - health. Who knows if that happens again for all our key players.

What really bothers me though is that we're stuck with this idiot coach for most of these guys' prime years. Just so frustrating to have such a bad coach bringing these guys along...

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
We're scoring at a lottery-team rate since the trade deadline, is that right?

How is Teflon Marc gonna get away with it? Should we blame that damn vegan Gauthier for leaving an empty cupboard and no talent for poor, ol' Marc Bergevin? He only left him with Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Markov, Plekanec, Gallagher, Eller, Beaulieu, Emelin, Desharnais, Gionta, Moen and Bourque.

Poor Bergevin had nothing to work with.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
We're scoring at a lottery-team rate since the trade deadline, is that right?

How is Teflon Marc gonna get away with it? Should we blame that damn vegan Gauthier for leaving an empty cupboard and no talent for poor, ol' Marc Bergevin? He only left him with Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Markov, Plekanec, Gallagher, Eller, Beaulieu, Emelin, Desharnais, Gionta, Moen and Bourque.

Poor Bergevin had nothing to work with.

Do you remember how six months into his tenure, the usual suspects were praising Bergevin because he hadn't traded away any draft picks?

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
I just hope the quest for grinders is completed and we can now search for forwards with actual goal scoring talent.

It's quite bad when while you're cheering after a goal, you get this feeling that it will probably be the only one scored during this game.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Do you remember how six months into his tenure, the usual suspects were praising Bergevin because he hadn't traded away any draft picks?

I'd prefer not to dredge up old stuff. Being a sports fan is inherently irrational - I could be committing my energies in such better ways - and I accept that people will have inconsistent views. We will never have the full picture on these matters, especially given that a majority of us didn't play hockey at a high-enough level.

That said, the people who kept saying 'transition year(s)', 'rebuilding', 'we were the 3rd worst team in the league', etc. Are also the ones who think we have a weak roster and it's the players' fault the team is scoring less than 2 goals a game. The same ones who refuse to acknowledge that extending Therrien and his cronies for FOUR GOD DAMN SON OF A ***** ****ING YEARS is absurdly irrational and a major setback. The same ones who were 100% pro-Bergevin/anti-Subban during the two Subban contract quagmires. Probably the same ones who were anti-NHLPA, anti-Gorges, anti-Erik Cole during the second lockout. Same ones who wanted to run Price out of town because they had invested $22.99 in their Halak t-shirts after that playoff run.

The same ones who, in two years, will be saying that we should blow it all up and that Patches/Price/Subban could probably fetch a pretty penny at the trade deadline.

Nothing good comes from sucking on management's teat, as fans we should be hyper-critical until proven otherwise. Bergevin has made mistake after mistake, and every progressive move he has made has been undone by Therrien and/or Lefebvre's status and support from Bergevin.

Comparitively, did much, much more with much less raw players and a much less talented squad before Bergevin. He was given the keys to the castle - unlimited budget, core players in nearly every position, unified hatred for his predecessor, two compliance buyouts and his pick for coach - and he's managed to have us play inferior hockey, stymied the development of our young players and vouched for, and extended Therrien and his gongshow for FOUR more years. In Bergevin's ideal world, Therrien will have been here for SEVEN years total.

It's a farce.

And the biggest joke is that Gainey/Gauthier's players can STILL eek out a series victory against the Tampa Bay Lightning - but Bergevin will get all the credit.

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
We are becoming closer and closer to the Bruins with Therrien at the helm. Constant whining, cheap ******** like running the goalies, going for moral victories, double standards etc. etc.

Wake up Bergevin and can his ass.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Comparitively, did much, much more with much less raw players and a much less talented squad before Bergevin. He was given the keys to the castle - unlimited budget, core players in nearly every position, unified hatred for his predecessor, two compliance buyouts and his pick for coach - and he's managed to have us play inferior hockey, stymied the development of our young players and vouched for, and extended Therrien and his gongshow for FOUR more years. In Bergevin's ideal world, Therrien will have been here for SEVEN years total.

This post is full of typos. Apologies.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Bob Gainey had a lot more confidence in Carey Price than Bergevin has had in Alex Galchenyuk.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Bob Gainey had a lot more confidence in Carey Price than Bergevin has had in Alex Galchenyuk.
Extending Therrien for FOUR years, an extension that hasn't even kicked in yet, ought to have been roundly and loudly criticized.

Desharnais has had three-to-four years as our go-to offensive centre, how much worse could it get?

Well, it seems sub-2GF/g worse.

Bergevin supporters won't say a peep about this, because hey, at least he's not vegan ******!!!1

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I'd prefer not to dredge up old stuff. Being a sports fan is inherently irrational - I could be committing my energies in such better ways - and I accept that people will have inconsistent views. We will never have the full picture on these matters, especially given that a majority of us didn't play hockey at a high-enough level.

That said, the people who kept saying 'transition year(s)', 'rebuilding', 'we were the 3rd worst team in the league', etc. Are also the ones who think we have a weak roster and it's the players' fault the team is scoring less than 2 goals a game. The same ones who refuse to acknowledge that extending Therrien and his cronies for FOUR GOD DAMN SON OF A ***** ****ING YEARS is absurdly irrational and a major setback. The same ones who were 100% pro-Bergevin/anti-Subban during the two Subban contract quagmires. Probably the same ones who were anti-NHLPA, anti-Gorges, anti-Erik Cole during the second lockout. Same ones who wanted to run Price out of town because they had invested $22.99 in their Halak t-shirts after that playoff run.

The same ones who, in two years, will be saying that we should blow it all up and that Patches/Price/Subban could probably fetch a pretty penny at the trade deadline.

Nothing good comes from sucking on management's teat, as fans we should be hyper-critical until proven otherwise. Bergevin has made mistake after mistake, and every progressive move he has made has been undone by Therrien and/or Lefebvre's status and support from Bergevin.

It's a farce.

And the biggest joke is that Gainey/Gauthier's players can STILL eek out a series victory against the Tampa Bay Lightning - but Bergevin will get all the credit.

No man the Subban contract waa a great deal.

Because we needed tgat extra cap space in 2012-2013-2014, and we don't it need now.

/sarc

In truth, the biggest knock on Bergevin might well be that he didn't realize that Subban wasa future perennial Norris contender. It was an obvious thing. And three years later, we could really use the extra 3.5 million in cap space. Petry is a UFA this year. Kovalchuk is a UFA this year. Malkin is a UFA next year.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Extending Therrien for FOUR years, an extension that hasn't even kicked in yet, ought to have been roundly and loudly criticized.

Desharnais has had three-to-four years as our go-to offensive centre, how much worse could it get?

Well, it seems sub-2GF/g worse.

Bergevin supporters won't say a peep about this, because hey, at least he's not vegan ******!!!1

TBH I don't care about the contract extension, they fire coaches with extended contracts all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad