Point vs. Marner

Who would you rather have going forward?

• Point

• Marner

Results are only viewable after voting.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Maybe because Marner is just flat out a better player? Marner dominates and drives offence and is a superstar in the making, Point isn't. Its like Giroux (Marner) vs Bergeron (Point). Giroux is the better player.

You're gonna need to watch Brayden Point play some time.

Point doesn't play like Bergeron. He plays like Yzerman circa 1997. He's going to put up some serious points in his career to go along with top tier D.

Last edited:

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Pretty close. Went with Point bc he's a C. Anyone saying AINEC is out to lunch. Both great 2 way forwards with deadly offensive instincts. Point more of a scorer and Marner more of a playmaker. Not sure how much closer two players could be.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
I think they’re pretty even but it’s funny how the Center>winger argument only applies in Matthews, Tavares and Kadri threads.
It’s funny how someone can make a boneheaded post and still get posters liking it. You know your statement is absolutely untrue and an unneeded shot at the Leafs fanbase. Jealousy isn’t a good look.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Marner is easily the better player right now.

GPGAP
MarnerRW3163541
PointC32212041
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Point plays center, against the hardest matchups, dominates play in all three zones, shuts down the opposition while absolutely lighting it up with 21 (!) goals.

I'm not saying Point is blowing Marner out of the water but to say one of them is "easily the better player right now" can only be a joke.

You might wanna try and catch a Lightning game from time to time.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Marner also can't score goals. His muffin shot is absolutely terrible and he needs to work on it if he doesn't want to be neutralized in the playmaking department. I've never seen a player fan on more shots, miss the net with it or have as little velocity on it as Marner does. His shot is truly AHL quality.

Reactions: Snowman

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Jeff Skinner? Lol is this a joke. You know who is actually closer to Skinner? Gaudreau :laugh::laugh:.
Gaudreau is better than both players in this poll and Skinner by a large margain.

But I guess he is more similar to Skinner than Marner, as they can actually shoot the puck and score gials whereas Marner doesn't share that skill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad