Point total: Desharnais vs. Plekanec

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Let's not make this another DD thread.

Question is simple, who do you think will have more points between Desharnais and Plekanec now that Plekanec will finally have two decent wingers.

Could be an interesting race between our top 2 centers.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Desharnais will barely have more points despite more PP time and O-zone starts.. Judging by statistics and averages, I'd say between 3-6 points more.

habitue*

Let's not make this another DD thread.

Question is simple, who do you think will have more points between Desharnais and Plekanec now that Plekanec will finally have two decent wingers.

Could be an interesting race between our top 2 centers.

another useless thread about DD.

How many more ?

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
He will get more goals then Pacioretty, screw dem haters bwoi!

Last edited:

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
The interesting thing will be how much of Plecky's defensive assignments Malholtra takes on. If he does take on his fair share, I see now reason why Plecky wouldn't get more points. Although Desharnais is a solid playmaker, I think Plecky has a bit more of a a scoring touch and imo is the better player overall, even offensively.

Last edited:

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
They both get careers highs in the RS and the playoffs while leading us to the Stanley Cup

qSxRpqo.gif

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
DD has been really good in pre-season.
Plus he is going to play with Patches. I expect both of them to get more than 60 points.
There are three options on the right: PAP, Sekac and Gallagher (even Bourque if need be).
So if PAP can not do it, he will go on the third line.

Plek will have more points than last season if he keeps playing with Galchenyuk.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Plekanec will have more ES points, but Desharnais will have more total points.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Here's the total of the last 2 seasons combined for each player.

Desharnais: 80pts (127 games)
Plekanec: 76 pts (128 games)

Only 4 pts difference so I think there's a possibilities that Plekanec can outproduced DD if he plays with Galchenyuk and Gallagher for most of the season. They seem to have pretty good chemistry in the preseason games.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Gallagher on a defensive line?

Point being it would not be a "defensive line" anymore.

All depends on what Malholtra can do defensively. He should help alleviate some of those responsibilities from Plekanec. Completely replacing Plekanec's defensive assignments on this team is a pretty tall order though. He's a big reason why the Habs' PK was 4th best in the NHL last year and if the last two games have shown anything it's that you need a good PK and PP. But I would personally like to be able to use Plekanec in an offensive role more often if I were coaching this team.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Plus he is going to play with Patches. I expect both of them to get more than 60 points.
There are three options on the right: PAP, Sekac and Gallagher (even Bourque if need be).

Plek will have more points than last season if he keeps playing with Galchenyuk.

I don't think DD was good this preseason, but it's meaningless. What I'm disappointed with is the fact he came into camp without having tried to add another tool to his arsenal. I really thought he was going to work on his shooting more.
The guy is overly predictable and teams know exactly what he's going to do. I mean, it's to the point where you almost feel he's going to look behind him when on a breakaway to see if passing to Max is a possibility. That's all he does.
So it's all on Max to get DD his assists again, but I don't see him getting over 60pts.

I do however expect Galchenyuk to really come out of his shell this year. Maybe it'll be 20 games in, or 40, but he will. If he's still on Plekanec's line, I believe that line will become our 1st. I think Plek will finish with more points than DD. I think Galchenyuk may end up being our scoring leader up front.

RJJ

Jul 24, 2014
Ottawa

It is funny how fans that cheer for the same team can see things totally different. I think DD has had a below average training camp. But he is a vet and vets should be judged on regular season games and playoff games not preseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad