podcasts you enjoy thread

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I used to love that show. I tired of it a few years ago but it did provide some genuine laughs, mostly courtesy of Howard.

My favorite podcast is The Complete Guide to Everything. It won't teach you anything at all (it's definitely not a guide) but the hosts always make me laugh.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I don't listen to podcasts as much as I used to but I have listened to

WTF with Marc Maron
The Nerdist
Jay and Dan podcast while they were at TSN
Taggart and Torrens

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Some others I like are

Uhh Yeah Dude
Trumpcast
Politically Reactive (this one is pretty new)
Slate's Whistlestop
Common Sense with Dan Carlin (same guy that does another good one, Hardcore History)

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Here's what is currently on my Podcast rotation.

Various shows from the Trek.fm network (All things Star Trek)
Puck Soup
Marek Vs. Wyshysnki
Tatiana is Everyone: An Orphan Black podcast
Filmspotting SVU
Various Motley Fool Podcasts (Marketfoolery, Motley Fool Answers, Motley Fool Money)
The Fantasy Footballers
Effectively Wild: The Daily BP Podcast
Fantasy Focus Baseball
Movie B.S with Bayer and Snider

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I wanna put this out there

ChapoTrapHouse is a funny media/political criticism podcast that is quite informative. It started by a bunch of funny twitter guys.

There is another podcast with a really crude name, it's the baby of one of the funniest comedians in New York - Nick Mullen. It's hard to explain it, but if you like ironic/crude humour, give it a shot.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I used to love that show. I tired of it a few years ago but it did provide some genuine laughs, mostly courtesy of Howard.

My favorite podcast is The Complete Guide to Everything. It won't teach you anything at all (it's definitely not a guide) but the hosts always make me laugh.
ya howard makes it. Enjoying uhh yeah dude

We Hate Movies
Sword and Scale
True Crime Garage
How Did This Get Made?

Tried true crime garage, not bad

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I listen to the following...

Adam Carolla
Bill Simmons
Various Ringer podcasts
Puck Soup
M vs W
Bill Burr
Joe Rogan or WTF (if I like the guests)

I like How does this get made if I've seen the movie, but that means I only listened to 5-6 of them as they pick some obscure stuff.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Bill Burr's "Monday Morning Podcast" is the only one I listen to. Although I hear Neil Degrasse-Tyson's "Star Talk" is excellent too.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Joey Diaz The Church of Whats Happening Now
Joe Rogan Experience
WTF with Marc Maron
Fighter and the Kid Big Brown and Bryan Callen
You're Welcome with Chael Sonnen
Hardcore History with Dan Carlin

Il Stugotz

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
44 miles from Chicago
From silly to serious:

Hollywood Handbook
How Was Your Week with Julie Klausner
Mouth Time with Reductress
Chapo Trap House
New Yorker Radio Hour
Best of the Left
Longform
Carnegie Council
Brookings Cafeteria

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
There's very few podcasts I find listenable. Radiolab, Adam carolla and joe Rohan are three popular ones that are just too hit and miss for me

Radiolab especially is just pure ****.

Adam carolla is alright but if you've heard one he just talks about the same things again and again and again.

Joe Rogen i don't have much of a problem with except that he sells fake brain pills and is obsessed with shrooms

I tend to listen to bill burr, Jalen and Jacoby, and even though Marc Maron has some super annoying tendencies I think he's a must listen on occasion

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Digging the amount of WTF'ers and WTF Buddies. Love the podcast.

I tend to go between The Dick Show, The Biggest Debate In The Universe, The Steve Dangle Podcast, and a few wrestling podcasts (Jericho, Cabana, Austin).

I actually don't like Maron himself, but he's a good interview. I always fast forward through his preamble and only listen if its a guest I'm interested in. He does get good guests and is a good interviewer though.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Adam carolla is alright but if you've heard one he just talks about the same things again and again and again.

Joe Rogen i don't have much of a problem with except that he sells fake brain pills and is obsessed with shrooms

I'm a big Carolla fan, but I can't argue with you there. I sometimes have to take a break because he hits on a lot of the similar issues, even when I agree with most of them.

I find Rogen interesting and enjoy that the conversations can go anywhere, but I'm not really a UFC guy so I only listen when it's a non UFC guest that I know (Burr, Fitzimons, etc.).

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
My Brother, My Brother and Me: 3 brothers give advice to listeners and to Yahoo Answers users (listen to multiple podcasts of the McElroy family)

The Adventure Zone: Same 3 brothers and their dad play D&D

No Sleep Podcast: Horror stories from Reddit done in Podcast format

Tanis/The Black Tapes: Two podcasts made by the same folks. Story based episodic podcasts.

Coolgamesinc - Two writers for Polygon take Twitter suggestions for game ideas and run with it (silly ideas. One game was called Tim McGraw's What If? Trucks: Fates)

Sawbones: Justin McElroy (from My Brother, My Brother and Me) and his wife (actual DR) talk about a specific medical topic and how it came around, how it's present now and how we've treated it in history

Several video game podcasts: Giant Bombcast, Giant Beastcast, Rebel FM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad