Player Discussion Pocket Rocket

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Was reading an article on RDS about Henri. Alzheimer has robbed him of all memories of his 11 Stanley Cups. His wife recalls their life together and how he was after a defeat. The guy was a real gamer, one of the most hard working players. At 5'7" and 160 pounds, he wouldn't shy away from anyone.

I have good memories of his wining goal in the Stanley Cup finals in 1971. Will be a sad day in Habs land when he passes.

Henri n’a aucun souvenir de ses 11 coupes Stanley

Reactions: Habs Icing

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Wow... what a heartbreaking decline. Even if he doesn't remember, the rest of us will. I remember him well from the early 70s -- fantastic player, tenacious, skilled, and very smart. Great captain.

I read Phil Esposito's biography, where he specifically mentioned Henri Richard as the player he admired more than anyone.

Reactions: peate

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Not wearing a helmet for an extremely long career and through a ton of grueling playoff rounds may have contributed as well

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
Damn you're one of the worst posters ive read here all year..

10 Causes of Alzheimer's Disease - Facty Health %2Bcauses&utm_campaign=f-h-alzheimer-causes&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxe6t8YHl1wIVjFYNCh0qYgbfEAAYASAAEgIW4_D_BwE

Guess which cause comes in first for Alzheimer?? Head trauma, you ****** *** ****.

Well technically he isn't wrong.

Sad too see one of the greats of hockey, not remember his legacy.

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
Very sad story, the fans will never let his legend disappear, well keep talking about what you did until we ourselves meet our makers Pocket.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad