Poached from the Mains - Best & Worst after 16 games

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Best Forward - Johansen

Best D-man - Murray- Impressive for a rookie.

Best Surprise - Johansen- Really starting to show an offensive and a little more physical game. His puck handling, speed, and skills are unbelievable at times. I was a tad worried last season after being a healthy scratch at Springfield last season. It's about time we put him on a lineup with forwards that can score.

Biggest Disapointment - Anisimov- I thought he might have been our best forward last season, now he is nowhere to be found after getting a contract.

Most Under Appreciated - D-MAC

Biggest Team Need - A perfectly healthy team for the remainder of the season.

Top 3 prospects - Wennberg, Rychel, Dansk

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Best forward - Brandon Dubinsky

Best defenseman - Ryan Murray

Biggest Surprise - David Savard - Nobody expected him to come to camp with the footspeed and mental maturity that he had.

Biggest Disappointment - Marian Gaborik - He started out hot but simply has been a non-factor these past 7 or so games. Need to figure out why. It's not for a lack of trying, each shift he has his head up and is looking to produce offense. He also skates hard on the back-check even if it's late in his shift. Worried about a older skill player biding his time till he can get traded? I'm not, he's definitely no Jeff Carter.

Most Under Appreciated - Sergei Bobrovsky - Yes he has let in his share of softies this season, saves that he would have made last season. That said, his numbers are still solid NHL starting numbers and he continues to battle. I see NHL headlines that are saying Bob is having a down year, but I don't think so. He deserves a better fate than his record.

Biggest Team Need - Puck possession skills. Our passing has been horrendous. Can't deliver a flat puck to teammates' tape to save our lives. Passes are getting picked off and we are having trouble holding onto it in transition. Good passing will open up our forwards down low and allow us to get more chances from the point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad