GDT: PO Game 4: Columbus vs. Washington | 4/19 7:30PM | USA, FS-Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruudukkopupuset

Mar 29, 2018
When a team and its coach openly admit to being nervous it doesn't exactly inspire confidence that they will suddenly rise up when the pressure is only going to increase from now on.

3666834676.jpg

As Rami Summanen has said it: "you are allowed to be afraid but you cannot be passive."

I see the Northern American brothers struggling by not even trying to interpretate communications between the team and the media. What is said otherwhere and done on ice differs greatly. Everyone has to be allowed to spread their own propaganda but you are not supposed to accept it without chewing for this discourse does not produce much else than easy false answers.

In example the Tortorella-Portzline continuum has found endearing concord in the hopes of two people finding each other there the next season also.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
The Caps are a deeper, more talented team. Trotz designed a scheme to neutralize Bread and we had no answer. End of story. I think it shows that while we are a good team, we are not yet in that high level of elite teams. We need a few more slices of "bread" before we get there. That being said, I still think we win Game Six and force it back to DC for a Game Seven where, under pressure of a Game 7, anything can happen. (Yes I am assuming a loss in Game 5).

If Taveras is available in the off season, JK must look at trying to get him and jettisoning Wennberg. I know the finances are bad. but it we got rid of Wennie and his salary, maybe that could be the start of balancing the books.

Back on topic. I still say we get a Game Seven.

This team has the feel of those Nash teams... pretty close to a "one-man team" offensively. In the old days if Nash wasn't making it happen, it probably wasn't happening (although those teams didn't have d-men anywhere near the level of Jones and Werenski). Bread has pretty much made everything happen offensively. He's usually the one getting it into the zone and getting guys high percentage shots. The Caps have 3-4 guys around Bread's point level. The lack of ability to play strong in the offensive zone also has the effect of you spending even more time at the other end. Hard to hold a team to 1-2 goals like that.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
This team has the feel of those Nash teams... pretty close to a "one-man team" offensively. In the old days if Nash wasn't making it happen, it probably wasn't happening (although those teams didn't have d-men anywhere near the level of Jones and Werenski). Bread has pretty much made everything happen offensively. He's usually the one getting it into the zone and getting guys high percentage shots. The Caps have 3-4 guys around Bread's point level. The lack of ability to play strong in the offensive zone also has the effect of you spending even more time at the other end. Hard to hold a team to 1-2 goals like that.
No Wennberg throws the next 2 lines out of whack and there is no real fix lower in the lineup. Wennberg has his ups and downs but hes still a 2nd line center who can make plays happen and losing him hurts the offense as a whole plus makes other guys play more minutes then they should be

Reactions: Sore Loser
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad