Post-Game Talk: PO Game #3 | Rangers 4 at Flyers 1

jabba2

Oct 28, 2010
About as flat as they looked at home in awhile. Mason cant get healthy soon enough.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
On the bright side, I really liked Luke Schenn tonight. Others who get a thumbs up... Couts, Streit, and Jake.

ericWONT

Ron Hakstol
Feb 7, 2014
Delaware/Philly
And that is why you don't start a backup when the starter is healthy...

Only issue was, it was debatable if Mase was 100% or not. Starting a 70-80% Mason vs. starting a 100% Emery is such a tough choice, and since Emery proved himself last game, I think it was the fair choice (didn't necessarily turn out to be the right choice, however).

Whatever, now they have no choice but to play Mase so next game should be a different story.

jabba2

Oct 28, 2010
In fairness to Emery, the Flyers did manage only one Goal. I thought for sure they would be the better team tonight. Guess the Rangers adjusted.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Only issue was, it was debatable if Mase was 100% or not. Starting a 70-80% Mason vs. starting a 100% Emery is such a tough choice, and since Emery proved himself last game, I think it was the fair choice (didn't necessarily turn out to be the right choice, however).

Whatever, now they have no choice but to play Mase so next game should be a different story.

ummm if Mason is ok enuf to dress as the backup then hes fine to play... you dont dress a player who isnt able to play.

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
Remember that huge push after the goal in the first??? What happened to that effort? It lasted 5 mins...

GTopCheese

Jul 19, 2012
I'm sure it would've been a better game if we didn't get completely deflated by two soft goals in the first 10 minutes.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
B Schenn? He's had a really good game IMO, he's been controlling the puck and setting up plays. He's been winning board battles and foot races. The 2nd line is usually trapped in their own zone, they actually got some extended time in the Rangers' zone tonight and a couple good looks on net. No conversion, of course, but they're playing well.

We can't play from behind against this Rangers team, their defense is too stifling. They just play defense the whole time and capitalize on breakdowns.

Maybe if Emery didn't let in 3 weak goals we could still be in this game. Or if our 1st line actually got 1st line minutes. Or we made any kind of adjustments other than moving Vinny around. Great decisions, Berube.

Schenn is good at skating and getting garbage goals. Zero hockey sense, can't pass, handles the puck like a grenade. He sucked ass tonight

peacepipe

Mar 7, 2006
Philadelphia,PA
Well the good news is they had much more puck possesion this game now if they can finish that would be nice. You have to take baby steps with this team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad