GDT: PO Game #1 |Flyers at Rangers | Thu., Apr. 17, 2014 |7:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don't get the point of throwing Rinaldo out there against the Rangers in a playoff game? If it was the Pens I would but the Rangers don't fall for his **** so he's rather useless. I rather have McGinn in over him because unlike Rinaldo he can actually finish a scoring chance here & there.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
christ-healing-the-blind-man.jpg

Don't worry. Iron Kimmo will take care.

looks like someone is getting a lil too friendly with jesus :sarcasm:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I would start Emery is Mason isn't 100%. His long term health is more important than the first game of this series.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
I don't get the point of throwing Rinaldo out there against the Rangers in a playoff game? If it was the Pens I would but the Rangers don't fall for his **** so he's rather useless. I rather have McGinn in over him because unlike Rinaldo he can actually finish a scoring chance here & there.

They HAVE to have Rinaldo in there to accomplish a key goal of game 1: hammer the crap out of McDonagh's sore, sprained (separated?) and as yet untested shoulder again and again and again.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
They HAVE to have Rinaldo in there to accomplish a key goal of game 1: hammer the crap out of McDonagh's sore, sprained (separated?) and as yet untested shoulder again and again and again.

McGinn isn't passive plus we still have Schenn, Hartnell, Simmonds etc. who don't shy away from throwing the body.

We're going to need all the offense we can get going up against that defense & Hank. While McGinn isn't exactly a Wayne Simmonds he can't at least bang home a garbage goal here & there which is way more than you can say about Rinaldo who literally has no pulse offensively.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
And Rinaldo will be all fired up after his time off...

Carcillo will be happy to take advantage. :help:

whatthef

Failure is an Option
Mar 1, 2007
Upper Darby
I have to say as excited as I am about the playoffs I'm pretty nervous about playing the Rangers. The last few years the Flyers have been pretty bad against the them (I think I heard they've lost 11 strait at MSG today). Of all the Eastern conference teams the only team I wanted the Flyers to play even less than the Rangers is the Bruins. Of course these stretches of playing bad against a particular team have to end at some point and this seems like just as go a time as any to.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ

Well I dont really care right now that Rinaldo is playing since Akeson is playing, but there is very little chance he is ever out there when McDonald is out there. I guess he can try to hit Carcillo and they can both go and get angry at eachother.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Well I dont really care right now that Rinaldo is playing since Akeson is playing, but there is very little chance he is ever out there when McDonald is out there. I guess he can try to hit Carcillo and they can both go and get angry at eachother.
He may be able to draw (or take) some penalties on Carcillo.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I have to say as excited as I am about the playoffs I'm pretty nervous about playing the Rangers. The last few years the Flyers have been pretty bad against the them (I think I heard they've lost 11 strait at MSG today). Of all the Eastern conference teams the only team I wanted the Flyers to play even less than the Rangers is the Bruins. Of course these stretches of playing bad against a particular team have to end at some point and this seems like just as go a time as any to.

What about the Lightning? They beat us handily three times this season. At least against the Rangers we won two games at home.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

It's not like we have a dainty team. Everyone should be hitting the whole game and the whole series. Doesn't matter if McDonough was hurt or not he is the biggest player for them that we can get to so we have to get to him.

I think it will be similar to when we went after green and the caps. By the second period of game one we owned him. Mcd will be a lot different result but we are looking for a little less out of him so we can win this series.

Either way if he is pinned to G then couts schenn raffl read simmer and to a lesser extent akeson are expected to produce. There is no other way. I can't believe tomorrow is still only Wednesday!!

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
It is a day-to-day approach. He will be reevaluated tomorrow and hopefully practice. The term concussion has not been verified or used, rather "whiplash" is the most often attached word. The next update will be tomorrow.

thanks...i will take it.whiplash might be a guarded way of saying the c word but im still gonna be optimistic...i SERIOUSLY hope they clear him.obviously.

just ****ing sickens me that mason is having one of his best games of the season and on the eve of the playoffs and this happens.AND against the pens.****.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Whiplash is the word you use when you don't want to admit that it's a concussion

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
A certain defenseman need to step up if we want to win this series. I'm looking for angry playoff Coburn. Not the passive aggressive regular season Coburn.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

I'm willing to bet those two spend almost no time on the ice together. They're going to want McDonagh facing good players, not Rinaldo.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Rinaldo is fine in a 7 game series if he can help along with the team with physicality and a tenacious forecheck. You have to wear the opposing teams defenseman down. If he can play a controlled game and just agitate with his hard work he will be fine. Stay out of the post whistle stuff. Let them react towards you. Only time it will be necassary is when a teammate is getting mugged.

Of course the chances of him doing that will be a slim margin. If he fails to not take selfish penalties Berube will have no choice but to lose confidence in Rinaldo. He needs to mature and get his emotions in check because he will not be in the league for long if he continues down this path.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Hey guys, After debating the rangers, ducks, and Flyers for this post season, I think i made the right choice :) . I'm really looking forward to watching Couturier, Voracek, and my hometown boy Giroux battle it out.

btw, whos the starter? i heard mason was injured or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad