Post-Game Talk: PO #1 | FLYERS 0 at Penguins 7 | Wed., April 11, 2018, 7:00 pm ET

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Cheers, everyone.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Hextall being confident in this team’s ability admist a 10 game losing streak proves to be naive and speaks to how terribly he evaluates NHL talent. I don’t expect every game to be quite this ugly, but everything that went wrong today has been glaringly obvious for at least this season.

Fortunately we have a terrible coach to deploy our mediocre goalies, worthless bottom six, incapable veteran defenseman, and fumble with the few linemates that mesh.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
It's very important for the kids to experience what it's like to play in the NHL playoffs under an incompetent coach! What I wouldn't give to have our very own Mike Sullivan.

Yes, the goalies blew this game, but you don't lose like this just because of goalies. This is mastery of scheme, not just talent. Flyers made the playoffs sheerly on talent; it's not like they are this outclassed there. Penguins picked them apart every way imaginable during the game and likely during the off-week. Per usual, no answers, no changes, blank stares galore. If Dave grasps for answers going into Game 2, they'll probably be the wrong answers.

I'm usually pretty phlegmatic, but the idea of this team winning a series under Hakstol is too far-fetched let alone a Cup. Can Geppetto take his f***ing puppet back?

IuCMM4f.png

(that's not even photoshopped....it's from tonight's game!)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad