PMD's in the 2011 draft

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
We hear a lot about Ryan Murphy and Hamilton in this draft, but as a Ranger fan, those two will be far out of reach by the time we pick (17th-20th?)

We only have one puck moving defenseman in the entire system (Del Zotto) Are there any other good offensive defenseman that would be available in the second half of the first-2nd round of this draft?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Lots of UFA's. Ryan Murphy will be gone in the top 5, and Hamilton likely in the top 8.

2nd round PMD's would definitely take some time to develop.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Yah I agree on Mayfield, I think he has a chance to be the Justin Faulk of this draft...which is really what the OP is looking for...

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
We hear a lot about Ryan Murphy and Hamilton in this draft, but as a Ranger fan, those two will be far out of reach by the time we pick (17th-20th?)

We only have one puck moving defenseman in the entire system (Del Zotto) Are there any other good offensive defenseman that would be available in the second half of the first-2nd round of this draft?

How is MDZ doing in the AHL ?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
How is MDZ doing in the AHL ?

Still out with a hand injury I believe.

No one is entirely sure what caused his play to dip so badly, but honestly, he'll never be the best defensive defenseman in the world so until he regains PP form, he won't see the NHL on a regular basis.

KristoLeblanc*

Xavier Ouellet needs some work on his defensive game, but he is a good puck mover, good vision and nice tape to tape pass.

2nd round pick.

GM17*

NYR have the best shot at drafting Beaulieu, who is a PMD. Very offensive minded.

zeus3007*

Lots of UFA's. Ryan Murphy will be gone in the top 5, and Hamilton likely in the top 8.

2nd round PMD's would definitely take some time to develop.

Those are pretty bold statements considering most experts are saying after 5 is a grab bag, and seeing gm`s shy away from d-men last season. Are you guaranteeing that Murphy will be taken before Huberdeau and Strome. Fowler was a consensus top 5 last year, and he fell from the top ten for little reason other than the fact that the GM`s weren`t picking d-men. I could actually see Murphy and Hamilton both falling to around 10th, with Hamilton being picked before Murphy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad