Confirmed with Link: Plotnikov traded to Arizona for Matthias Plachta, 2017 conditional 7th-round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
6253294221_204f337d9b.jpg

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Wonder when these comments were made. Was it when Sullivan first came on, directly leading to the banishment? Or was this said like, last week.

#1GuinFan

Apr 4, 2003
canada
Visit site
By those comments it sounds to me like he may have requested it right after Sullivan got here. I continue to hope he gets a chance to prove himself, but at this point I don't see it happening

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
guy buys out his contract, comes to new country, sits for Kevin Porter and Conor Sheary.

Can't say I blame him in the slightest, but I'm sure the Penguins will turn this into an attack on his character

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Well, then why not just waive him? Why be a dick and have him sit in the press box, taking up a roster spot and counting against the cap?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
guy buys out his contract, comes to new country, sits for Kevin Porter and Conor Sheary.

Can't say I blame him in the slightest, but I'm sure the Penguins will turn this into an attack on his character

What'll it be? Gambling? Alcohol? Drugs? Spin the wheel of Pittsburgh Sports Media ******** cover-up stories!

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town

Its comical. He took a risk to come and prove himself here.

Argh, I'm just annoyed. He looked like he could've been a good player for us in the early going. Had a few chances gone in for him the situation might be totally different.

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
Well, then why not just waive him? Why be a dick and have him sit in the press box, taking up a roster spot and counting against the cap?

Exactly. There's gotta be more to it because it seems in poor taste to just keep him in the press box if he doesn't want to be here.

The Greatest 101

Dec 10, 2013
Manchuria
Although I don't think he has the hands to play in the NHL,I really feel for him.He chose the wrong team.

I wonder how Geno feels about this whole thing.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I understand the "be a good teammate, winning is all that matters, go team go!' mindset. I don't agree with it, but I understand it.

But 2016 Sergei Plotnikov is not 2015 Craig Adams. He is not some north american plug who, when he's done, is just going to go home to his cabin on the lake and tell tales about his 4th line exploits.

This is a guy who, before he ever signed with the Penguins, proved he was not about money, but was about team and winning, WHEN HE BOUGHT OUT HIS CONTRACT TO COME HERE.

After that, it becomes less "player who is done and is being sat until his contract is up" and more "**** you Dan Bylsma, we're going to fire you, but not until every job is taken, first."

If you have no intention of playing him, let him go. Let him go to the KHL, let him sign a contract, and let him earn a living. Holding him here simply because you don't like how he handled being benched for some nobody is petty. It is not strong.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Exactly. There's gotta be more to it because it seems in poor taste to just keep him in the press box if he doesn't want to be here.

Probably trying to get ahead of the fans reaction to him being sat in favor of Porter. West and a couple other media members have been making comments now and then about it, posting stats that back them up.

I'm really curious as to when Plotnikov made the comment, and if there was some sort of language issue there.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

Came to write this... I mean absolutely 100%. Penguins stopped playing him before saying this. He has every right to want to go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad