Series Discussion: PLOFFS ROUND UNO: [3]FLAMES vs. [2]CANUCKS OFFICIAL DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
And he still is

U7Ghu2s.gif

Mar 31, 2005
East Coast
This is awesome.

It doesn’t seem to long ago when Feaster fell on the sword and traded Iginla at the TDL. Then Monahan fell to us and things starting going our way.

I can’t think of a better captain than Giordano – this team reflects his leadership and style. So many players are likeable on this team – they play an honest, hard-working and fearless style.

Hartley has been a great coach. Players who buy in are rewarded. Great job.

Some things went our way early in the season and built a resilience and confidence that has been infectious. Culture/mentality/confidence/belief or whatever is critical in a 'luck' game like hockey. This team has 'it'.

We have had some fortunate management. Feaster wasn’t the GM we wanted, but he’s the one we needed. Props Treliving to staying the course this TDL, trading Glencross and not chasing an expensive Gio-replacement. Patience will serve us well going forward.

Excited for VAN/CGY – NHL playoffs are why you play/follow/love the game - hell of a lot better than worrying about draft positions this time of year (though we got really good at it in 2013-2014).

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
One thing that might an will ikely hurt the Flames is the Canucks PP. Luckilywe have been very disicplined past 5 gams 0 penalties?!?!?! Crazy (no minors)

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
Congrats, guys! Rivalry aside, I hope you guys go far and beat the snot out of whoever is in your way! Props for your management as well. Your turn around has cast a huge light on our club's management failures.

Good luck!!!!!

Perceptor

World Class
Mar 19, 2012
Calgary, AB
I went a little nuts and bought Monahan and Gaudreau jerseys to go with my Backlund. Man, my wife will kill me especially since $$$ were charged to the Visa for play-off tickets and ganepack renewal.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I went a little nuts and bought Monahan and Gaudreau jerseys to go with my Backlund. Man, my wife will kill me especially since $$$ were charged to the Visa for play-off tickets and ganepack renewal.

If you bought her one, she can't say much, if you didn't, ask if she's lost lbs and cook her favourite meal.

Ari Gold

Dec 13, 2013
Hollywood
Canucks fan here, but a reasonable one who likes to talk hockey.

Very excited to see the matchup that we all expect Coach WD to put forth.

Monahan line vs Horvat Line which consists of Kenins - Horvat - Hansen.

Those 3 Canucks finish their checks, hack, slash and get back for a full 2 way game.

Should be a beauty to see how it all unfolds. Looking forward to seeing Johnny Hockey in the playoffs. They always say playoff hockey is a different beast so looking forward to seeing how he does with an extremely physical line vs him.

Realistically the Flames and the Canucks wont win the cup so I just hope for alot of good hockey !

Go Canada Go !

Zero Pucks Given

American Hero
Mar 21, 2015
Southern CA
Kings fan here coming in peace.

Congrats on making the playoffs and...you're welcome for that chance. :sarcasm:

In all seriousness, you guys earned it. Your players owe it to themselves, to us, and to hockey fans in Canada to make some noise in the playoffs.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Does anyone here do the NHL Playoff Bracket Challenge? I try to do it every year, and this year I noticed that you can join leagues and do it with friends. Would anyone be interested in doing one for the group of us on HF Flames? I've gone ahead and made a league already, it's private but if anyone wants to be a part of it, let me know and I'll send you an invite. :)

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Does anyone here do the NHL Playoff Bracket Challenge? I try to do it every year, and this year I noticed that you can join leagues and do it with friends. Would anyone be interested in doing one for the group of us on HF Flames? I've gone ahead and made a league already, it's private but if anyone wants to be a part of it, let me know and I'll send you an invite. :)

We did this last year, deebz. You must not have been invited.

ie you missed the thread I posted in

May 27, 2012
Earth

Sure.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Does anyone remember my bracket performance last year? Legendary!

-Predicted TAMPA to sweep MONTREAL
-Predicted Colorado to sweep Minnesota
-Predicted the Blues to beat the Hawks
-Predicted the Sharks to beat LA
-Predicted the Flyers to beat the Rangers
-Predicted the Stars to beat the Ducks

But other than that my first round was flawless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad