AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
Here's what one humble poster sees:
Plekanec with pacioretty and parenteau
Galchenyuk with Gallagher and bournival/weise
Eller with sekac and bourque
malhotra with prust and moen

This would give Galchenyuk a center spot AND
free up Desharnais for more idealistic pursuits like curing cancer and feeding the starved, at the same time he could explore what he would pursue as a post-career career.
This would also allow Plekanec to take more offensive zone starts
Eller can then split D-zone assignments with Manny

DD will ascend to true sainthood status, and not just the faux-saint status he holds now
win-win everybody happy!!

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
They were good, but I think Plekanec and Pacioretty are more dangerous.

I would also like to see Eller take more PK time. He's being used in more of a defensive role as it is.

Gotta love the way Eller not producing offensively is being woven into a deliberate effort to place him in a more defensive role.

Believe what you want….

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Here's what one humble poster sees:
Plekanec with pacioretty and parenteau
Galchenyuk with Gallagher and bournival/weise
Eller with sekac and bourque
malhotra with prust and moen

This would give Galchenyuk a center spot AND
free up Desharnais for more idealistic pursuits like curing cancer and feeding the starved, at the same time he could explore what he would pursue as a post-career career.
This would also allow Plekanec to take more offensive zone starts
Eller can then split D-zone assignments with Manny

DD will ascend to true sainthood status, and not just the faux-saint status he holds now
win-win everybody happy!!

Why hold back on how you really feel about DD ;)

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
Habs board is a pain to read, is it possible to not have every thread turn into a Desharnais hate fest within 2 pages?

It´s supposed to be a thread about Pleky and Pacioretty

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I've been wanting to see Pacioretty-Plekanec on a line together for several years now.

I get that people are afraid that if you give Pacioretty too much defensive responsibility he might struggle offensively but you have to consider two things. First off Plekanec and Pacioretty are both great in transition, so having less o-zone starts doesn't hurt them as much as it would someone who relies on cycling the puck and setting up plays in the offensive zone.

Second, by playing Pacioretty against other top-offensive lines it helps contain them. Pacioretty is great at driving posession, and having a guy like Kessel stuck in his own zone defending instead of on offence is doubly good. Not only is he not producing offence, but he's not good defensively which means easier time for Pacioretty to score.

Habs Junkie

Feb 24, 2009
Montreal
I've been wanting to see Pacioretty-Plekanec on a line together for several years now.

I get that people are afraid that if you give Pacioretty too much defensive responsibility he might struggle offensively but you have to consider two things. First off Plekanec and Pacioretty are both great in transition, so having less o-zone starts doesn't hurt them as much as it would someone who relies on cycling the puck and setting up plays in the offensive zone.

Second, by playing Pacioretty against other top-offensive lines it helps contain them. Pacioretty is great at driving posession, and having a guy like Kessel stuck in his own zone defending instead of on offence is doubly good. Not only is he not producing offence, but he's not good defensively which means easier time for Pacioretty to score.

The Blackhawks are not doing well offensively lately, so Quenneville is pairing up Toews and Kane against the Habs tonight. That's what coaches do when desperately looking for offence.

Looking at our lineup tonight, which line will be able to go up against that. Pacioretty-Desharnais-Weisse???

Any good coach, who's at home with last line change, will fight fire with fire. Plekanec and Pacioretty on a same line can go up against Toews and Kane. Not saying that they are better, but they can compete with and contain them.

But the sad truth is that even with their recent success together on the PK, Desharnais does not have a place on the team if he won't be playing with Patches. In no way whatsoever does Therrien or his coaching staff, and even possibly management, want to risk that.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Habs board is a pain to read, is it possible to not have every thread turn into a Desharnais hate fest within 2 pages?

It´s supposed to be a thread about Pleky and Pacioretty

I don't believe Plexs or Eller do much more with MaxPac than DD. None of them are a number 1 Center solution. To really upgrade MaxPac's performance we'll need to look elsewhere.

habitue*

With the team struggling badly offensively and on PP, I certainly would like to see Patches with Plekky. I would also like to see Galchy with them on the RW. I think he played almost half a season on rw with Sarnia before coming up to NHL. He can play anywhere upfront, but I think he is far to be ready to eat up centerman duties. Let the kid have fun and produce on the wing.

habitue*

The Blackhawks are not doing well offensively lately, so Quenneville is pairing up Toews and Kane against the Habs tonight. That's what coaches do when desperately looking for offence.

Looking at our lineup tonight, which line will be able to go up against that. Pacioretty-Desharnais-Weisse???

Any good coach, who's at home with last line change, will fight fire with fire. Plekanec and Pacioretty on a same line can go up against Toews and Kane. Not saying that they are better, but they can compete with and contain them.

But the sad truth is that even with their recent success together on the PK, Desharnais does not have a place on the team if he won't be playing with Patches. In no way whatsoever does Therrien or his coaching staff, and even possibly management, want to risk that.

DD with Bourque and PAP would be something worth a try as a second or third line.

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
This is good point, and the results are there our PK has been great again this season, but its also what is wrong with the habs in my opinion, two of our best scorers lugging it out on the PK, and not fresh and rested for scoring, I realize Pleks isn't a big scoring threat but, and I realize Patches is still getting the job done at the other end of the ice, but there should be guys available who can perfect their defensive game and not make the big money to play on PK unit, while offensive minded players can concentrate on scoring goals. just a thought anyway, you can teach defense but you can't teach goal scoring. IMO

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
With the team struggling badly offensively and on PP, I certainly would like to see Patches with Plekky. I would also like to see Galchy with them on the RW. I think he played almost half a season on rw with Sarnia before coming up to NHL. He can play anywhere upfront, but I think he is far to be ready to eat up centerman duties. Let the kid have fun and produce on the wing.

I also find Galchenyuk better in the right. They should change it up at least for the PP, maybe like you suggested Galch with Pleks and Patches.

1st unit pp
67-14-27
76-79

2nd unit pp
15-51-11 (I know, missing size here)
28-77

Habs Junkie

Feb 24, 2009
Montreal
Since this duo has been put in a first line together:

Pacioretty 3 goals 2 assists
Plekanec 2 goals 4 assists
3 games

Not bad

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Since this duo has been put in a first line together:

Pacioretty 3 goals 2 assists
Plekanec 2 goals 4 assists
3 games

Not bad

Hopefully the whole myth of Patches not being able to produce without DD has died out completely now.

So far we've seen him produce with both Galchenyuk and Plekanec.

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011
Hopefully the whole myth of Patches not being able to produce without DD has died out completely now.

So far we've seen him produce with both Galchenyuk and Plekanec.

We've also seen Desharnais be a productive forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad