Plekanec and Pacioretty's chemistry

Habs Junkie

Feb 24, 2009
Montreal
Without a doubt it's been the best penalty killing duo on the Habs since I can remember. It seems they almost create at least one scoring opportunity while shorthanded together. I've been complaining for a really long time that I would like to see these two together on a same line. I think they can make a dominant line. In the last 3 or 4 years we have seen them play on the same lines once. They did pretty well in Vancouver a few years back beating the Canucks in their building, when the habs were last place in the standings and the Canucks first. I believe they both had a multiple point game.

Anyways, time is passing and still Therrien refuses to try them out together. What do you guys think? Can these two bring their penalty kill chemistry on a regular line and even on the power play?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
This is exactly where Pacioretty should be playing. I've spent hours explaining how a two way game better suits Pacioretty Psyche. There is no question in my kind that Max is at his very best when he is skating full out. Not only is he forcing the play a certain way with his speed he is always involved in the game. A good coach can convince him of his value when he isn't scoring as he is doing all the little things to help his team.
His current role has him circling like a carrion eater. No pleasure between meals.

Moen is Gone

@MoeninGlory
Feb 13, 2007
Grenoble
twitter.com
Not happening! He's mine
/​
klM1iuY.gif

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Only the OP is talking about Pacioretty and Plekanec, not DD.

I think they work well together on the PK, don't see any reason why they wouldn't work if given some time together 5 on 5.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Parenteau
Sekac - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Eller - Desharnais - Bourque

Could be an interesting look for a top 9.

Nothing better than PPP to fix PP. :D

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Eller and Patches were just as good last year on the PK. It seems Malholtra has taken Eller's SH time though. It would be interesting to see Eller replace Moen on Malholtras wing on the first unit.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Eller and Patches were just as good last year on the PK. It seems Malholtra has taken Eller's SH time though. It would be interesting to see Eller replace Moen on Malholtras wing on the first unit.

This.
Especially if Moen ends up NOT playing for a few games, which I hope would come sooner or later.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005

They were good, but I think Plekanec and Pacioretty are more dangerous.

I would also like to see Eller take more PK time. He's being used in more of a defensive role as it is.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
They were good, but I think Plekanec and Pacioretty are more dangerous.

I would also like to see Eller take more PK time. He's being used in more of a defensive role as it is.

Plecky is far more dangerous as he can provoke turn overs.
Eller and Patches would only take advantage of unforced Errors.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Plekanek + Pacioretty is the new Plekanec + Higgins

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
as a coach you almost have to try this, but i think something more behind the scenes is going on with DD and the coach at this point.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
as a coach you almost have to try this, but i think something more behind the scenes is going on with DD and the coach at this point.

Pressure to produce plain and simple.
I'm not overly imaginative when I say that MB and his staff were less than impressed with our play up the middle in the Play Offs. Eller aside Plecky was -7 and DD had good + - stats bit wasn't the catalyst we needed as he and Gallagher were erased on many opportunities.
Max didn't/couldn't help them with his style of play.

We have enough depth on this team that the GM is really focused on April 2015.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

I think they work well together on the PK, don't see any reason why they wouldn't work if given some time together 5 on 5.

I seriously wouldn't mind those line.

Imagine if DD can make Eller produce as a winger on the 3rd line. No more debate. DD will play in a more fitting role, Eller won't need to be the playmaker anymore.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex

Flip bork for Weise or Bournival and I love these lines.

Habs Junkie

Feb 24, 2009
Montreal

Swap Desharnais for Bournival, now we're talking!

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Been saying since the Cunneyworth days that Max-Plek should play together so we can create a very tough top line that can produce versus any opponent and doesn't need sheltering. I'm afraid that ship has sailed though, I prefer making Galch-Max into a massively offensive duo.

TheSubbanator76

Oct 13, 2014
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Galchenyuk
Gally - DD - PAP
Bourque - Eller - Sekac
Prust - Mally - Bournival

Package DD at deadline for a real top 6 player that can actually shoot the puck, and there it is, a top 5 NHL offense with our back end chipping in. Also, getting rid of Moen would do us wonders

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad