Please vote for the HHoF worthy goalies

Please vote for the HHoF worthy goalies.

• Total voters

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
I only voted for Quick and MAF. Hard to argue against those guys.

Rinne and Beezer both seem close to me, they have the highs for sure but not the consistency.

Price has enough apologists. I refuse to vote for him because 1 great season is not enough, and he was never in the conversation as the best guy outside of that one year. People still act like he had some Brodeur level career when really he was just a guy who maintained his best hot streak for one whole season. Tired of hearing about this overrated chump.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Price has enough apologists. I refuse to vote for him because 1 great season is not enough, and he was never in the conversation as the best guy outside of that one year. People still act like he had some Brodeur level career when really he was just a guy who maintained his best hot streak for one whole season. Tired of hearing about this overrated chump.

Price was voted like 4 years un a Row by the players as the best goalie in the World, but ok lol

Still, he's better than Lundqvist

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada

Rinne and Beezer both seem close to me, they have the highs for sure but not the consistency.

Now this is certainly a take…. Price was consistently a top goalie and played in front of really bad or mediocre Montreal teams. This coming from a leaf fan.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Goalies are too team dependant so I'm not voting will defer to people who know more about them.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
To get in the Hall you apparently need to play your career on a juggernaut or play for the Montreal Canadiens. One or the other (both is impossible).

So Fleury, Quick, and Price.

(In actuality I think CuJo and Bob have equally good claims).

Fleury was a net negative for the Pens in the playoffs for years so that should disqualify him.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Fleury & Quick vs Cujo & Beezer

Fleury (age 22-38)
96 GA%, 86.2 GSAA
Best season: 78 GA%, 20.8 GSAA
Number of seasons below 90 GA%: 3
Number of seasons above 20 GSAA: 2

Quick (age 23 - 32)
95 GA%, 58.5 GSAA
Best season: 83 GA%, 28.1 GSAA
Number of seasons below 90 GA%: 1
Number of seasons above 20 GSAA: 1

Joseph (age 22-38)
93 GA%, 185.6 GSAA
Best season: 77 GA%, 57.4 GSAA
Number of seasons below 90 GA%: 6
Number of seasons above 20 GSAA: 4

Vanbiesbrouck (age 22-37)
93 GA%, 161.3 GSAA
Best season: 72 GA%, 55.6 GSAA
Number of seasons below 90 GA%: 5
Number of seasons above 20 GSAA: 5

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

FWIW Rinne has more Vezina nominations than Price does.

IMO Beezer is worthy of induction but the Daley incident significantly hurts his chances. Including his Vezina win he has nine top ten Vezina finishes plus his notable playoff run in 1996.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
To get in the Hall you apparently need to play your career on a juggernaut or play for the Montreal Canadiens. One or the other (both is impossible).

So Fleury, Quick, and Price.

(In actuality I think CuJo and Bob have equally good claims).

Fleury was a net negative for the Pens in the playoffs for years so that should disqualify him.
I don't see what Cujo's claim is. He had a couple pretty good years, but never won a thing. Never even made a post season all star team to my recollection.

Career high SV% of 0.915 and a career high in wins of 36. Not particularly impressive. More comparable to Frederik Andersen than Sergei Bobrovsky.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
Fleury leading the poll? :huh:

Why oh why do people want to put people in the HOF for being mediocre but for a very, very, long time?

The dude almost single handedly got the Pens kicked out of the playoffs multiple times and had to be replaced by his backup in the playoffs in what should have been the prime of his career.

He was never anything better than an average goalie he just happens to have stuck around for a real long time so his career win totals are high. His Vezina came in a season where he played 36 games.

Stop watering down the HOF with extended mediocrity. If you were never top 5 at your position for multiple years please stay away.

He's the Patrick Marleau of goalies.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Why oh why do people want to put people in the HOF for being mediocre but for a very, very, long time?

The dude almost single handedly got the Pens kicked out of the playoffs multiple times and had to be replaced by his backup in the playoffs in what should have been the prime of his career.

He was never anything better than an average goalie he just happens to have stuck around for a real long time so his career win totals are high. His Vezina came in a season where he played 36 games.

Stop watering down the HOF with extended mediocrity. If you were never top 5 at your position for multiple years please stay away.

Patrick Marleau was a good player who was sometimes just okay.

Fleury was sometimes good, sometimes dogshit. Mostly dogshit for the Penguins.

Nice personality and played on great teams, so he'll get in, but it ain't right.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

My sentiments as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad