Please vote for the 7 best players

Please vote for the 7 best players

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
This is an odd one. Why 7 and not 5 or 10? Vastly different mix of all position which is not always easy to compare. Can the best goalie be better than the best forward for example.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
OV, Crosby, Malkin, Kane, Keith are easy picks imo because they have all had multiple seasons as the best at their position (or in the league). Was between Price/Lundqvist/Doughty for the last 2 spots, voted Price and Lundqvist. The rest of these players were never the best at their position for even 1 year, some of them like Toews and Bergeron were never even close.

Reactions: bobholly39

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
My 7 are Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin, Kane, Keith, Lundqvist and Bergeron. But I think there's a debate for putting Price over Bergeron though.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
OV, Crosby, Malkin, Kane, Keith are easy picks imo because they have all had multiple seasons as the best at their position (or in the league). Was between Price/Lundqvist/Doughty for the last 2 spots, voted Price and Lundqvist. The rest of these players were never the best at their position for even 1 year, some of them like Toews and Bergeron were never even close.

That's my exact top 7 as well. And Doughty is also the name I was hesitating on for final spot

Reactions: KoozNetsOff 92

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Like today ? Or overall for their careers ?

I would assume it's overall since they are all older players and some of which aren't even playing the NHL anymore or have declined to the point where a current comparison would be a no brainer.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
First 6 are easy.

Crosby
Ovechkin
Keith
Malkin
Kane
Lundqvist

Last one is tough. Couldn't decide between Toews, Bergeron or Kopitar on merit. Went with the homer vote and picked Toews.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
What's so special about these 14 guys that we need two different threads ranking them?

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016

Exactly this. I picked Doughty over Price though, but it was close.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
5 at the top+Zetterberg are obvious to me. Then it's basically flip a coin territory, don't like ranking goalies with skaters else you could easily make an argument it's the 5 at the top+the goalies.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
First five for sure. Took Bergeron and Price to round out seven, but a lot of good options.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad