Please help a ticket/Bruins Newbie?

mypitsthelife

Jan 6, 2013
Hi Guys,

I need some help and I'm hoping you guys will be so kind to help me out a bit. I'm trying to buy tickets to a Bruins game but admittedly I am not a huge sports fan mysef - of course I have pride for the Boston teams but going to games ect is not my thing but my boyfriend is a die hard Bruins fan and I am going to buy him a pair of tickets for his birthday - especially because like most of you he's been hockey deprived since October and stoked that they are going to be playing albeit a half season.

So, here are my questions and I'll appreciate any responses ;)

1. Quick search on Stubhub is showing tickets starting at about $100 - are these legit tickets? Ticket master doesn't have any listed so I'm wondering if Stub Hubs are for the old schedule that is not valid because of the lockout?

2. Is buying a set of tickets from a season ticket holder off of craigslist risky?

3. What can I expect to pay for tickets? I didn't relize nose bleed tickets would be $100+?

4. Is there a section I should stay away from (any bad seats in the house? Recommended balcony sections?)

Thanks guys - I really appreciate it and your help is going to make a fellow Bruins fan very happy on his birthday - he hasn't been to a game in years!

oh and lastly! Was thinking either a Ranger, Fliers, or Canadiens game - as those are the games that get his most riled up ;)

Last edited:

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Hi Guys,

I need some help and I'm hoping you guys will be so kind to help me out a bit. I'm trying to buy tickets to a Bruins game but admittedly I am not a huge sports fan mysef - of course I have pride for the Boston teams but going to games ect is not my thing but my boyfriend is a die hard Bruins fan and I am going to buy him a pair of tickets for his birthday - especially because like most of you he's been hockey deprived since October and stoked that they are going to be playing albeit a half season.

So, here are my questions and I'll appreciate any responses ;)

1. Quick search on Stubhub is showing tickets starting at about $100 - are these legit tickets? Ticket master doesn't have any listed so I'm wondering if Stub Hubs are for the old schedule that is not valid because of the lockout?

2. Is buying a set of tickets from a season ticket holder off of craigslist risky?

3. What can I expect to pay for tickets? I didn't relize nose bleed tickets would be $100+?

4. Is there a section I should stay away from (any bad seats in the house? Recommended balcony sections?)

Thanks guys - I really appreciate it and your help is going to make a fellow Bruins fan very happy on his birthday - he hasn't been to a game in years!

oh and lastly! Was thinking either a Ranger, Fliers, or Canadiens game - as those are the games that get his most riled up ;)

- Stub Hub is legit. So is Ace Ticket.

- There are no "bad" seats at the Garden. It's just a matter of how close you want to be.

- If you want to know exactly where the seats are that you want to buy from Stub Hub, click on the "see ticket" option and it will show you where the seats are. If you want to know what the view from the seat is like, visit bostonbruins.com and check their seating map; it provides the view.

- Rangers, Flyers and especially Canadiens games will be much more expensive than Islanders or Senators games.

Good luck.

mypitsthelife

Jan 6, 2013
- Stub Hub is legit. So is Ace Ticket.

- There are no "bad" seats at the Garden. It's just a matter of how close you want to be.

- If you want to know exactly where the seats are that you want to buy from Stub Hub, click on the "see ticket" option and it will show you where the seats are. If you want to know what the view from the seat is like, visit bostonbruins.com and check their seating map; it provides the view.

- Rangers, Flyers and especially Canadiens games will be much more expensive than Islanders or Senators games.

Good luck.

Thanks! So are the stub hub tickets based off of the schedule taking the lockout into consideration? I'm just confused that Ticketmaster doesn't have anything up and they do.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Thanks! So are the stub hub tickets based off of the schedule taking the lockout into consideration? I'm just confused that Ticketmaster doesn't have anything up and they do.

The schedule hasn't been published yet - they don't even know if it's going to be 50 or 48 games. I'd wait until the sked's out. The board of governors votes on Tuesday to make the CBA official, so it'll be out soon afterward.

mypitsthelife

Jan 6, 2013
Ok perfect!

Don't mean to be a pain in the ass with questions but I really appreciate the help.

Is $100 - $120 a pop for the least desirable seats sound about right??

RunFromTheBear

Jun 20, 2010
Ok perfect!

Don't mean to be a pain in the ass with questions but I really appreciate the help.

Is $100 - $120 a pop for the least desirable seats sound about right??

Seats are usually cheaper on StubHub opposed to TM unless its a really high demand game. $100-120 is in the right ballpark. Some games will drop to the $85 range, others will near $200 as a starting point.

I don't know how there are listings on StubHub since there will be major modifications to the schedule. Season ticket holders should be getting their tickets by next weekend (for StibHub) and I'm thinking TM might start selling as soon as Thursday.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
If you go directly to Garden box office when the schedule is announced--you might be able to just get face value tix, depends on the demand with short schedule, and whether "fans" are slow to come back...I'm excluding those of us who bleed black n' gold and will be there regardless of the poor treatment we have gotten at hands of NHL, since it's really our money they've been fighting about.

gobosox00

Jan 8, 2010
If you go directly to Garden box office when the schedule is announced--you might be able to just get face value tix, depends on the demand with short schedule, and whether "fans" are slow to come back...I'm excluding those of us who bleed black n' gold and will be there regardless of the poor treatment we have gotten at hands of NHL, since it's really our money they've been fighting about.

The only thing is that Box Office face value is often much more than what you would pay on Stubhub. My season tickets are row 7 corner balcony where they shoot twice and they're $40 per ticket. Face Value for these seats on ticketmaster is much higher than this no matter who the opponent is and for game against the Canadiens, Rangers, Flyers, etc. my seats on ticketmaster have a face value of over $100. If I have to sell my tickets I usually sell them for less than this on Stubhub. I would definitely check the box office or ticketmaster when they go on sale but "face value" may not be the cheapest way to go to the game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad