Please Answer Alignment Question for Flame Fans

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Hello Calgary,

Central Division fan, come in peace hoping you can give me your opinions.

I am not sure if you are paying attention to the fight in Glendale right now. It's more Coyotes ownership issues, which fascinate me.

And, there is the possibility of a relocation.

So, my question to you all is, which of these do you prefer...

Pacific Division: VAN, CGY, EDM, SEA, PORT, LA, ANA, SJ

or

Central Division: CGY, EDM, WPG, COL, MINN, CHI, STL, DAL, NASH

Or, in clearer words, do you prefer that you and Edmonton be in the Central with Winnipeg, or in the Pacific with Vancouver?

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Only because of Vancouver, I say Pacific.

But, I think a transition to central would be easy and painless. We would probably forget about Vancouver within a half a season (ESP if the timing aligns with a Vancouver rebuild).

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Hello Calgary,

Central Division fan, come in peace hoping you can give me your opinions.

I am not sure if you are paying attention to the fight in Glendale right now. It's more Coyotes ownership issues, which fascinate me.

And, there is the possibility of a relocation.

So, my question to you all is, which of these do you prefer...

Pacific Division: VAN, CGY, EDM, SEA, PORT, LA, ANA, SJ

or

Central Division: CGY, EDM, WPG, COL, MINN, CHI, STL, DAL, NASH

Or, in clearer words, do you prefer that you and Edmonton be in the Central with Winnipeg, or in the Pacific with Vancouver?

I'd say Central, but that's just so I could see the Flames play here in Winnipeg more often. I like the rivalry that's developing between the Flames and LA/ANA/SJ

Aug 21, 2014
Pacific, easier travel. Plus established relations/rivalries with other teams, ANA/CGY, CGY/LAK, CGY/VAN, and CGY/EDM. I'd like to have Winnipeg to be in the "Pacific" but the 2 hour time difference would deter them.

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
Pacific 100%. We can retain a lot of our rivalries and the division itself will be pretty easy for the first few years with SJ and Vancouver regressing while Seattle and Portland will be awful expansion draft teams.

xMatMcC

Jun 27, 2014
NL
I like the earlier start times if we played in the Central Division, living in NL all the Flames home games are around 1030-1130, and when we play Californian teams it gets rough as they all start 1130-12!

Still only missed 2 games last year :))

Flamer12

Feb 11, 2013
Canada
For selfish reasons, I would pick the Central. I am a Flames fan in Ontario so that would mean less 10:00 and 10:30 games.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
For selfish reasons, I would pick the Central. I am a Flames fan in Ontario so that would mean less 10:00 and 10:30 games.

This for me too.
We'd always have our Vancouver rivalry, and we don't really have one with SJ. L.A, maybe a bit, Anaheim yeah sure, but in those couple times we play them, it'd mean more than if we were in the Pacific, ya know? Plus we'd get to face Minny, Nash, Wpg, StL, Chi, and Dal more often, which would be a win for us IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad