Podcast (Audio) PLD on ATKM (Pierre-Luc Dubois on All The Kings Men)

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
The team needs to get PLD going. I think Grundstrom should be moved back to the 4th line, Kaliyev should be moved up, and we should give Turcotte a cup of coffee either on PLD's flank or sharing/swapping center duties with him. Turcotte and Kaliyev have great chemistry, and I feel like pairing them with Dubois could be lightning in a bottle.

Turcotte - Dubois - Kaliyev (or Dubois - Turcotte - Kaliyev)
Lewis - Lizotte - Grundstrom

Laferriere has been a great surprise, but I'm worried about him not developing into his clearly top 6 potential if he continues to look good but not have it lead to production with 3rd line minutes and no PP time. Let him go down and play PP1 and 1st line minutes in Ontario, and reward Turcotte for producing. Hell, splitting NHL games down the middle between Turcotte and Laferriere for the rest of the season would be pretty interesting and prepare both to step in full-time if needed due to injury.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The team needs to get PLD going. I think Grundstrom should be moved back to the 4th line, Kaliyev should be moved up, and we should give Turcotte a cup of coffee either on PLD's flank or sharing/swapping center duties with him. Turcotte and Kaliyev have great chemistry, and I feel like pairing them with Dubois could be lightning in a bottle.

Turcotte - Dubois - Kaliyev (or Dubois - Turcotte - Kaliyev)
Lewis - Lizotte - Grundstrom

Laferriere has been a great surprise, but I'm worried about him not developing into his clearly top 6 potential if he continues to look good but not have it lead to production with 3rd line minutes and no PP time. Let him go down and play PP1 and 1st line minutes in Ontario, and reward Turcotte for producing. Hell, splitting NHL games down the middle between Turcotte and Laferriere for the rest of the season would be pretty interesting and prepare both to step in full-time if needed due to injury.

Especially becasue a big part of success is depth and right now we're neutering two lines.

When you said before the season our third line was Fiala-PLD-Kaliyev, it sounded terrifying, a 90 point guy with a 60 pt huge C with upside and a possibly 30 goal scoring kid.

Right now it's a 3rd/4th line grinder with a good shot, a 40 point scoring defensive C, and the team's lowest scoring regular.

I get don't mess with what's not broken--but the moment we lose, that has to be addressed. And not solely to jumpstart PLD.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Especially becasue a big part of success is depth and right now we're neutering two lines.
Totally agree. And that's why I expect the Kings to cool off soon.

Liz probably won't be himself for awhile, PL is tired, and Laf is playing a low-event game because he doesn't want to make a mistake. So we're back to being a two line team.

I've been completely against putting PLD at wing, but if he doesn't get his shit together the Kings might not have any other option but experiment with it.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Did ya forget Laferriere was on the team? You might have, because he's been invisible.
No, he has been the exact opposite of invisible. He makes everything super noticable - even though it isn't dangerous.

I have been pretty clear in my assessment of Laferriere. He should be in the AHL playing top 6 minutes and on both special teams.

Dubois just sucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad