PlayStation Showcase |OT| May 24th, 1PM PST

Rate the showcase:

• Total voters

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
FwViluZX0AcUNVU.jpg

The show will run a bit over an hour, focusing on PS5 and PS VR2 games in development from top studios from around the world. Expect a glimpse at several new creations from PlayStation Studios, as well as spellbinding games from our third-party partners and indie creators.

Streams:

-----

With PlayStation taking a year-long break from any major conference or showcase, this one has the potential to be an all-time great. Hype levels are through the roof and the showcase is just mere hours away. What are your predictions? I'm hoping to get the thread live closer to show time. LET'S GOOOOOOO!!!!!

Last edited:

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Super excited for this. Hoping for some more information on FF7 Rebirth and official confirmation of the FFT remaster that was leaked as part of the NVIDIA leaks and all but confirmed by Jason Schrier.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Gran Turismo 7 to Plus today is a new thought I had. Anything by RGG is highly anticipated by me as is anything on various remakes of old JRPGs and a release date for Eiyuden Chronicles.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Expecting to see some China in this tbh. Star Rail release date, Lost Soul Aside info, probably some Wukong stuff. Korean, but Stellar Blade probably gets dated.

Dunno if this is the place for it but maybe we're due for a new Vanillaware game. 13 Sentinels was 2019.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Am hearing this is one of the most anticipated Sony Showcases in a while.
They haven't had a major showcase since September of 2021, so yes, this is highly anticipated. They've had State of Plays, but outside of showing off Death Stranding 2 and Horizon: Forbidden West DLC's at The Game Awards they have been very low-key on first and second party games since that September Showcase. Given all the talent and studios they have its obviously highly anticipated. With PS4 likely dead from a first party perspective going forward (GOW: Ragnarok believed to be the last major relase on PS4), this really kicks off what Sony has planned for this gen. Also keep in mind, PS4 really didn't start killing it first/second party wise until about a couple years post-launch when they dropped Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, Horizon: Forbidden West, God of War and Spider-Man then closed the gen with Last of Us Part 2, FF VII remake, and Ghost of Tsushima.

Now, will it be the greatest showcase ever? Probably not, but given how long Sony has been sitting on stuff, it should be a very strong one. I'm sure PS5 owners will leave this presentation optimistic about the future, and PC games might get a couple of port announcements they can be excited for. Plus for gamers on all systems there will likely be some 3rd party stuff that Sony just has a marketing deal with similar to how at the last showcase they showed off some multi-plat stuff.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Wow, starting with a first party game. This is the new studio out of MTL by Jade Raymond Sony invested in then bought. This is supposed to be live-service so not really my style though.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I'm not going to comment on every game as it happens but "Phantom Blade" looks like an AI created a Gilson B. Pontes game. How on earth is something that terrible looking given a platform like this?

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Snake Eater remake, what looks to be a Dark Cloud reimagine, Alan Wake 2, and a new AC that goes back to AC roots. I'm happy with that.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I like that they just keep rolling games with the Sony showcases. Nintendo Directs can have too much talking in between games.

DD2, Let's go! Number 1 was amazing and so underplayed.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Too much clutter due to marketing deals. Curious to see the close. Last time they ran Wolverine reveal, Gran Turismo gameplay, Spider-Man 2 reveal, and then finally showing GoW:Ragnarok gameplay reveal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad