Playoffs: Yes or No?

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
I think it's too early to say. If we win the next 2 we are back in the top 3. I say no but I don't think we miss it by much.

Kristia

Old folks home..
Mar 10, 2006
Tampa Bay Area....
Before Stamkos getting hurt I would have said a maybe to yes... But since he's been gone this team has not looked like a playoff team to me, so no.:cry:

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
If we play the way we are capable of playing, I say yes. If we play like last night more often than not, we will not. The East isn't that great this year. Save for 3-4 teams, everything else is in the air really.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Definitely have a shot. I still don't think they've figured out how to play without Stammer as a team. Still, holy **** did we get hit with the injury bug.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I say yes. We've been surprisingly healthy the past few years and we're paying for it now. There's no way we keep piling up injuries like this all year. Once we get healthy again we'll go back to being one of the top teams in the East.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I really like Coop's message after the last game, so we'll see if the team buys into it and gets back to playing hard-nosed hockey. If we don't see an improvement by the end of the week, I'll be worried.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
absolutely 100 % yes.

We have a good schedule. We need to be healthier. We are going to be inconsistent with all the kids is just a fact. Yet what kept us from playoffs?

Goaltending CHECK
Defense CHECK

Now we are not scoring yet as said before cooper made changes.

I 100% support him, he seems to always get it. Sometimes takes a game or two but he makes very good tweaks to the roster or lines.

We all said pretty much two kids lines not working is just too much. He switched it up. We also had been questioning Panik and look getting a bench.

We cant play the flip marty purcell thing the kids are really too young so need some time with a vet on each line. Cooper saw that evaluated it and made the change.

He is a very smart and good coach so unless we have MORE DRASTIC (season ending type etc..) Injuries I see is being 3rd best team in our division still. I said at start of year 3-5th and we could steal the last spot. The questions I had were answered though so I see us solidly behind boston pitt and detroit unless they get major injuries and we can move ahead of them. We are better though than the rest or as good as.

I think as long as we stop having long injuries we will get this together and do better.

Still see us better than philly wash rangers or new jersey montreal toronto and ottawa.

Tampa Bay Kiwi

Apr 23, 2013
No reason why we shouldn't make it, but injuries aren't helping the cause.

Would be very disappointing to not make the playoffs and pick somewhere around 12-14

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
For me, inconsistent scoring is a much easier fix than inconsistent defense or inconsistent goaltending. We will keep getting chances, and eventually they'll start going in the net. For the first time in awhile, our goaltending has been solid and steady, and our defense has been pretty consistent.

We missed the playoffs last year not because of scoring, but because of inconsistent/poor defense and goaltending. With those fixed as they have been so far this season, I say yes.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
I change whatever I said before. It's a no now because we won't have enough players to fill a team come April.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad