Playoffs: whom to cheer, whom to jeer

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
And some serious team chemistry issues. There's the clip of Nylander on the bench telling either Matthews or Marner (I'm guessing Marner) to "stop f***ing crying bro, this isn't f***ing junior hockey."

I know he scored a great goal last night but I would not want Marner for any amount of money. The dude cannot spell compete or realgud.
It was Marner for sure he was talking to.

But Marners compete isn't the Leafs issue...Matthews is being paid to be Crosby but he simply can not or will not lead the team...ever...regular season is meaningless

I'd take Marner and I suspect he'll be traded to a US team and resign 8 years @9m and will thrive so long as some true leaders are on the team...ie not Austin Matthews

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
It was Marner for sure he was talking to.

But Marners compete isn't the Leafs issue...Matthews is being paid to be Crosby but he simply can not or will not lead the team...ever...regular season is meaningless

I'd take Marner and I suspect he'll be traded to a US team and resign 8 years @9m and will thrive so long as some true leaders are on the team...ie not Austin Matthews

Agreed. Except for the part about taking Marner. Do not want.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Preds blowing a 3-1 lead with 3 mins left woof. Nucks playing a third stringer as well.

Roman Josi with a muffin of a clear attempt around the boards and the Preds letting three Nucks players hang out around their goalie. crazy.

And the collapse is complete.

Last edited:
Reactions: JediOrderPizza

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Preds blowing a 3-1 lead with 3 mins left woof. Nucks playing a third stringer as well.
I still hold some hate for NSH from our old Western Conference days so I threw some money at that game and was bummed to see VAN down with 5 left. Tuned in anyways and was on the edge of my seat! Nice comeback win for me but Vancouver didn’t look very convincing for most of what I watched even when they were scoring.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
And some serious team chemistry issues. There's the clip of Nylander on the bench telling either Matthews or Marner (I'm guessing Marner) to "stop f***ing crying bro, this isn't f***ing junior hockey."

I know he scored a great goal last night but I would not want Marner for any amount of money. The dude cannot spell compete or realgud.
Yeah - for Nylander to call out Marner on the bench like that made me a fan of the guy.

Agreed. Except for the part about taking Marner. Do not want.
Marner needs a change of heart and scenery.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Tyler can have Fabbri's money if we find a taker for Fabbri, but he has to know his days of asking for dumb money is over.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
easy to say in hindsight and it would have been tough with the cap plus he probably would have had to take a couple million less than he did but Bertuzzi really should have found a way for that one year deal of his to be with Boston instead, he was a good fit there

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
He was hoping for that playoff performance overpay that never came, then said ok I'll take a one year deal and inflate my stats playing with Matthews. Only to not even come close to his best season while also playing 80 games.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad