Playoffs: whom to cheer, whom to jeer

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Go Florida, and also Nashville and Dallas

Hell no to Vegas and Toronto

The rest are meh to me. It would be hilarious for Washington to go on a run though

Reactions: 14ari13
Oct 18, 2006
I don’t mind a lot of the Western teams. Going for Winnipeg. East…don’t like them. Maybe Islanders?

wings95

Mar 17, 2009
Georgia
I will Go for the AvS as I like NM, MR. I will also go for the Stars. In the East, go Canes. I won't go for the Bruins, Leqfs, Rangers, Islanders or Oilers. I also won't go for the Kings or Vegas. The Jets would not be bad

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I don't understand the frequent dislike of Vegas. Is it because they're a new franchise that already won the Cup?

Everybody is free to feel how they choose. But I see a team 1) with a very aggressive GM, 2) constructed with depth scoring instead of with an elite superstar(s), and 3) located in a town literally built for entertainment.

I'd sooner hope that Detroit follows the Vegas model in the latter portion of the rebuild than cheer against the Golden Knights. But again, to each their own.

kadertot

Apr 20, 2024
Fayston, VT
Gotta go with the battle of Florida. If the Panthers don’t win maybe I’ll rock the Leafs. Will the pens get back in? No.

GarlicbreadTB

Apr 16, 2015
As always, I am just hoping everybody loses.

fce3b78ed87b9d9ea5d8a2e265e1efd7.png

Reactions: Realgud

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I would love for Vancouver to win a Cup. I hate all the other teams. Vegas and Tampa Bay are cheaters, Edmonton has Holland who keeps failing upwards into good teams, the league fixed the last quarter of the season to get Washington in (including the bad no-goal in the last game). Toronto will go out in the first round again.

I can't find any reasons to hate Vancouver.

Reactions: 14ari13

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
My only interest is seeing a great deal of violence with Florida/Tampa and Laffs/Broons playing each other.

That probably came across much darker than intended.

• Haha
Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I don’t mind a lot of the Western teams. Going for Winnipeg. East…don’t like them. Maybe Islanders?
Patty Wah? No thank you.

I would love for Vancouver to win a Cup. I hate all the other teams. Vegas and Tampa Bay are cheaters, Edmonton has Holland who keeps failing upwards into good teams, the league fixed the last quarter of the season to get Washington in (including the bad no-goal in the last game). Toronto will go out in the first round again.

The only reason I'm hesitant about Vancouver is from 2011. Their fans made this place intolerable all season long. It started going that way here early this season but they seemed to have calmed down so maybe it would be ok.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Hate is too strong a word, but I'm definitely rooting against Vancouver:

1) Every year Canadian media keeps watch on any Canadian teams in the playoffs. It feels like a mix of, "live look-in where Timmy fell down the well" and, "is this the year that one of OUR teams brings back what is rightfully OURS". And it's obnoxious. I don't care what country a team is in or what nation its players were born in. Battle it out on the ice and let the chips fall where they may.

2) They were supposed to fall apart so Pettersson wanted out of town.

3) Hronek stopped answering my calls a few weeks ago. Something about, 'cease and desist...500 feet away...' I dunno. (Just kidding, folks. Stalking is bad, mkay?)

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
1) Every year Canadian media keeps watch on any Canadian teams in the playoffs. It feels like a mix of, "live look-in where Timmy fell down the well" and, "is this the year that one of OUR teams brings back what is rightfully OURS". And it's obnoxious. I don't care what country a team is in or what nation its players were born in. Battle it out on the ice and let the chips fall where they may.
IMG_1053.gif

Little bit of irony there, jkuts :sarcasm:

Twinger

Sep 28, 2017
I'm cheering for the Oilers. Wanna see Mcdavid win a cup and I like Draisaitl, Hyman and Bouchard.

Plus they're a fun team to watch

Wanna see Toronto collapse because I'm in the GTA and want to watch people cry about them lol

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I'm cheering for the Oilers. Wanna see Mcdavid win a cup and I like Draisaitl, Hyman and Bouchard.

Plus they're a fun team to watch

Wanna see Toronto collapse because I'm in the GTA and want to watch people cry about them lol

I would root for the Oilers but have a hard time because of Kenny drunk driving the Wings into a ditch and wrecking them, then getting out unscathed and hopping into a shiny new Ferrari.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
View attachment 855873

Little bit of irony there, jkuts :sarcasm:
I don't think the sport or its trophy belongs to anybody. If certain coverage didn't treat it that way, I wouldn't really care one way or the other about Vancouver (or Winnipeg or Calgary or Montreal).

I root against Edmonton because I don't like the perception that McDavid is a cheat code for victory. Even Gretzky needed a good team around him to win. Nothing to do with Canada.

I root against Toronto because they have a stupid cap structure that's built for the regular season and not when you have to actually play two-way hockey. Nothing to do with Canada.

I root against Ottawa because they have a history of dirty play against the Wings and Brady has a very punchable face. Nothing to do with Canada.

So if, hypothetically, Winnipeg made it to the Cup Finals against Boston, I like the Jets much more than the Bruins. I'd want them to win.

I'd just be very selective in the broadcast I watched to avoid the borderline jingoism.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Hate is too strong a word, but I'm definitely rooting against Vancouver:

2) They were supposed to fall apart so Pettersson wanted out of town.

3) Hronek stopped answering my calls a few weeks ago. Something about, 'cease and desist...500 feet away...' I dunno. (Just kidding, folks. Stalking is bad, mkay?)
You must have forgotten the uproar when the Jay's won back to back world series and the "America's past time" was being threatened nonsense...

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
I don't think the sport or its trophy belongs to anybody. If certain coverage didn't treat it that way, I wouldn't really care one way or the other about Vancouver (or Winnipeg or Calgary or Montreal).

I root against Edmonton because I don't like the perception that McDavid is a cheat code for victory. Even Gretzky needed a good team around him to win. Nothing to do with Canada.

I root against Toronto because they have a stupid cap structure that's built for the regular season and not when you have to actually play two-way hockey. Nothing to do with Canada.

I root against Ottawa because they have a history of dirty play against the Wings and Brady has a very punchable face. Nothing to do with Canada.

So if, hypothetically, Winnipeg made it to the Cup Finals against Boston, I like the Jets much more than the Bruins. I'd want them to win.

I'd just be very selective in the broadcast I watched to avoid the borderline jingoism.
I hear ya. I just thought it a little funny that you implied you root against Vancouver because the Canadian media is obnoxious (logical conclusion being that you root against all Canadian teams because of this) and then said you don't care what country teams are from :D

I was just razzing you, I get what you're saying and I agree with your points.

Reactions: jkutswings

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Since I only like one team in NHL id cheat for Boston for their ex first round pick

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
I saw that some teams lost last night. That made me happy.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I saw that some teams lost last night. That made me happy.
Let me guess. It was the day The Prairie Dogs lost the big playoff game. Riley missed the winning shot. She felt awful. She wanted to quit.

Sorry, I went sad again, didn't I?

• Haha
Reactions: jaster

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig