Usa vs Switzerland
Czechia vs Germany

A finns take;

Screenshot_1.png

Last edited:

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Yeah I think Finns get in, but I expect them to get rolled by Sweden.
I never count out the Finns but this just doesn't look like a year where the team has what it takes.

Switzerland needs the 3 points against Finland, I don't want to play against USA

Hmm, a big win over the U.S might be just what the doctor ordered for this Swiss team.......get you battle hardened.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Switzerland needs the 3 points against Finland, I don't want to play against USA
Assuming Austria beast GB... Finland will need points to advance.

I'll assume (and it may age poorly) that Finn's beat the Danes in a few hours.

That could leave them tied at 10 points with Austria having the head to head. So Finn's would be 5th going into that match and need to get to OT to advance (on a back to back). That will be one hungry opponent.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Doesn't matter who you face, every opponent is strong and every game starts at 0:0. Especially this year, pretty everyone has a strong roster.

Reactions: jj cale

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
Wanna face the germans?

Over this team USA ? Yeah

And the good side of this is : if we loose against Germany again, Fischer will probably be kicked out

If we loose against a stacked USA team, excuses will be made to keep him

At the same time, if we get USA and win, it could create something really good and we might go all the way

Last edited:
Reactions: Czechboy

Goose The Cat

May 22, 2023
And the good side of this is : if we loose against Germany again, Fischer will probably be kicked out
Lol is he that bad?

Also, doesn't his contract say that they'll fire him if you don't make it to the quarters? I thought the Swiss were pissed at him, because he didn't get you THROUGH the quarters last year. And the year before, iirc.

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
Lol is he that bad?

Also, doesn't his contract say that they'll fire him if you don't make it to the quarters? I thought the Swiss were pissed at him, because he didn't get you THROUGH the quarters last year. And the year before, iirc.

Yeah lot of people pissed off because we are good in RR and then completely disapear in quarter.

I'm also pissed because he ban our most promising young D from the team till 2027 because he didn't showed up at the WJC this year, it's insane imo, one year should be more than enough...

He has been here since 2016, we made the final in 2018 but since, nothing... Sometimes, you need changes, it's okay to try someone else imo.

But maybe we make it this year and he will likely be the one behind the bench for the olympics and the WHC at home.

Zaar

Feb 5, 2017
Germany
Although I think that the german team isn't the same that got steamrolled by USA and SWE anymore, I have a hard time believing, that we can advance to the semi finals this year. CAN, CZE and SUI look really strong.

Crossing fingers nevertheless ;)

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Getting close

Right now we have

Sweden vs Austria
Canada vs Slovakia
Usa vs Switzerland
Czechia vs Germany

A finns take;

View attachment 873530
This is a classic troll on YT(attachment) that is not taken seriously at all. Are you impressed by that? That can not be true? 98% of other Finnish fans don't write something like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jersey Fan 12

DieSendungmitderMaus

Apr 14, 2018
Swiss meltdowns when they lose to Germany are the funniest thing but I don't really wanna play them. One of these times we'll lose and I don't wanna hand them that satisfaction :laugh: a QF against the hosts could actually be very fun

Reactions: Czechboy

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
I don’t know the tiebreakers. Can Latvia get in w a win today?
Head to head is the first tiebreaker meaning: If Slovakia lose in regulation against Sweden and Latvia win their game in regulation Latvia are qualified for the quarter finals while Slovakia are eliminated.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
This is a classic troll on YT(attachment) that is not taken seriously at all. Are you impressed by that? That can not be true? 98% of other Finnish fans don't write something like that.
Screenshot_4.png

I always see finns make comments like this everywhere

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
So I think we have guaranteed

Canada vs Slovakia
Finn's vs Swedes

What a tremendous two matches.

Then the Swiss/Czechs vs Germans/us depending on result of Swiss vs Finland? Am I close here?

Czechs and Slovaks most likely get the north american power houses.lol

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
So I think we have guaranteed

Canada vs Slovakia
Finn's vs Swedes

What a tremendous two matches.

Then the Swiss/Czechs vs Germans/us depending on result of Swiss vs Finland? Am I close here?

Czechs and Slovaks most likely get the north american power houses.lol

We need 2 points to take the second place

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad