Celtics/NBA Playoffs: Round 2 - Game 7 Friday 9 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
SSE, (San Antonio) among many teams sending COVID-19 Surveys for fan response; this has also occurred in minor league hockey markets and/or leagues

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
OR the fait majeure, Brad.... no CHAMPION Declared.....much like minor league hockey and the NBA G League first suspending, then later cancelling to focus on 2021-22

If I didn't like the Bruins and Celtics chances so much I'd be with you here.

But over 2 months of these guys being locked down in hotels before you get to the 2nd round of the playoffs and what people care about is too much.

Each league should take the top 8 teams and let them play it out. 2 warm up exhibition games vs the other conference and then go at it.

Maybe some 3-6 and 4-5 playin round while the top 2 seeds play each other.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
17 player contract limit (includes 2 way contracts) up from 15 for season restart in Orlando (7/30);

also any player that has previously signed an NBA/G-League contract are also eligible to play if they choose to do so... (Jamal Crawford/ JR Smith, etc)

Last edited:
Reactions: Maine Fan

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Force Majeure option still on table; otherwise players need to report to training facilities anywhere from 6/15 to no later than the 22nd of June;

then the issue of the Raptors like the Leafs/Blue Jays/Flames/Canadiens/Toronto FC exploring alternative options should the International border restrictions not being cleared between Canada/US before 8/1/20

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Kyrie rallying the players to get this whole thing cancelled. I don't blame him, Florida is not exactly a safe spot right now. Even if he wouldn't be playing.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Of course Kyrie is gonna be the key voice here when he’s not even going to play. So Kyrie it hurts.

they probably shouldn’t play though, I don’t blame them. Especially in that dumbass state

Reactions: Maine Fan

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
f*** Kyrie Irving. Massive piece of shit.

He has the respect of the players as he is VP of the NBPA

I sense the players would rather be in Vegas than Orlando.

I can only speak about Boston but traditionally Celtics players have always been trailing in the community in giving back compared to the other teams and that goes back to the Larry Bird years. Certainly, there are players on the Celtics today that are involved in the community but many are invisible.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I've never understood why they choose FL for this, as it's a total hotbed for COVID because it's a state full of dipshits like my wife's family who don't believe it's a thing.

Frankly these leagues need to have their postseasons in a place where there is a quality facility, but not a hotbed for COVID, or just cancel the seasons. NHL is in the same boat, though I think they are in better shape than the NBA personally since they can have their hubs be in non hotbed areas.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I've never understood why they choose FL for this, as it's a total hotbed for COVID because it's a state full of dipshits like my wife's family who don't believe it's a thing.

Frankly these leagues need to have their postseasons in a place where there is a quality facility, but not a hotbed for COVID, or just cancel the seasons. NHL is in the same boat, though I think they are in better shape than the NBA personally since they can have their hubs be in non hotbed areas.

Disney is a major TV partner of the NBA

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He has the respect of the players as he is VP of the NBPA

I sense the players would rather be in Vegas than Orlando.

I can only speak about Boston but traditionally Celtics players have always been trailing in the community in giving back compared to the other teams and that goes back to the Larry Bird years. Certainly, there are players on the Celtics today that are involved in the community but many are invisible.

Which, is in no way safer than being in Orlando.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
In the players' defense, a 22-team tournament is completely pointless when only 4 teams at most have a chance here

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
In the players' defense, a 22-team tournament is completely pointless when only 4 teams at most have a chance here

BUT - TNT/ESPN/ABC will spend the bucks for the early NBA rounds as it provides programming and it is the TV revenue that fuels the NBA salaries.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I always thought that the NHL would start before the NBA. Now I have changed my mind. Canada has slowed down the NHL efforts to start.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I always thought that the NHL would start before the NBA. Now I have changed my mind. Canada has slowed down the NHL efforts to start.

The NHL and NBA are in constant communication and once we get to the final rounds they will work together so they don't have to compete for eyeballs.

MLB could have been a month ahead of both and botched it.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Brian Windhorst has always said any proposal was a work in progress, and it may take a while for the players/NBAPA to wrap their heads around completing this season....

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
NBAPA Executive Director Michelle Roberts strongly believes the proposal brought forth by the NBA Board of Governors and health/safety protocols that have/will likely be adjusted as we continue through this pandemic are justified.... any player that chooses not to participate does so to the point where his career could be threatened by not continuing but the majority of the players within the NBAPA expressed interest in concluding the 2019/2020 NBA Season under this 22 team proposal..... is it bulletproof, no, but what proposal is....

much like @Fenway has indicated those same discussions ongoing in the NHL/MLS, etc... with that tournament starting in July which involves the Revolution;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad