GDT: Playoffs: No, Seriously, Go Grizz

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Hey, they got Nash! Rick Nash! He's all big and Canadian and stuff! :laugh: Rick clearly misses playing at the Worlds....

Four points. Four. 4. In 10 games? :biglaugh:

He's been a no-show. Don't know what his deal is. Usually doesn't have to play past game 82 lol.

Besides Hank mvp of NY's playoffs is either Zucc or Asham and that embarrasses the hell out of me.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He's been a no-show. Don't know what his deal is. Usually doesn't have to play past game 82 lol.

Besides Hank mvp of NY's playoffs is either Zucc or Asham and that embarrasses the hell out of me.

Nash looks like the slug he was in Columbus when things actually mattered. Flash player.

And Boyle really wires one.

Am I old for remembering how he and Jason Woolley hated one another? Was that really 12-13 years ago? :laugh:

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Nash looks like the slug he was in Columbus when things actually mattered. Flash player.

And Boyle really wires one.

Am I old for remembering how he and Jason Woolley hated one another? Was that really 12-13 years ago? :laugh:

Well I was either... 5 or 6 :laugh:

Nash seems unmotivated at a lot of times. Like he expects the puck to teleport onto his stick. The lack of power displayed is maddening. Flashes of it. But no consistent effort... Same story with a lot of players on that roster and it makes me so mad.

In other news, I remember playing hockey video games with Woolley and Warrener on the Sabres. Loved those old video games

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Well I was either... 5 or 6 :laugh:

Nash seems unmotivated at a lot of times. Like he expects the puck to teleport onto his stick. The lack of power displayed is maddening. Flashes of it. But no consistent effort... Same story with a lot of players on that roster and it makes me so mad.

In other news, I remember playing hockey video games with Woolley and Warrener on the Sabres. Loved those old video games

It's always been the issue with Nash -- he's got the tools, but I don't get that he has the will to impose himself, especially if it might be a little bit uncomfortable for him to do it. One of the things between him and Vanek (very similar production for the most part) is that Vanek doesn't leave me wondering why he won't go into high-traffic areas to score in the playoffs. He's there, maybe not effective, but he's there. Nash? He's a big cream puff.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
It's always been the issue with Nash -- he's got the tools, but I don't get that he has the will to impose himself, especially if it might be a little bit uncomfortable for him to do it. One of the things between him and Vanek (very similar production for the most part) is that Vanek doesn't leave me wondering why he won't go into high-traffic areas to score in the playoffs. He's there, maybe not effective, but he's there. Nash? He's a big cream puff.

Think it' just how he is. Huge player put doesn't want to throw the weight around. Head scratcher. I will say this though: Their strategies once in the offensive end aren't anywhere close to competent

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Doughty draws the call by kicking Galiardi's feet out and then being the guy TJ lands on? Glad to see the officiating is consistent between the two games tonight... consistently bad.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

Nash is the most overrated Hockey player of the 21st century... how does Glen Sather still have a job :shakehead

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Think it' just how he is. Huge player put doesn't want to throw the weight around. Head scratcher. I will say this though: Their strategies once in the offensive end aren't anywhere close to competent

I don't even think he needs to throw his weight around in a physical sense, just impose that size/speed/skill in getting himself to the net, with or without the puck.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Nash is the most overrated Hockey player of the 21st century... how does Glen Sather still have a job :shakehead

But, but... he's big! And he's Canadian!! :laugh: Yeah, I agree -- people are captivated by his stats but the substance is just not there.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I fully believe he needs to throw it sometimes and just terrorize while he has the puck and stop dropping it or doing little girly spin moves every single time out there. or else I'll go and play for them and score for Nash. :laugh:

He doesn't have speed this series at all.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
But, but... he's big! And he's Canadian!! :laugh: Yeah, I agree -- people are captivated by his stats but the substance is just not there.

And don't forget he was the MVP of that tournament where most of the best players didn't play!

Nash and Bouwmeester are the two guys who if they weren't Canadian and drafted in the top 3 would not have nearly the same amount of praise as they get. At least some of the luster finally started wearing off of JBo.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

i made a statement last week, something along the lines of, "if you guaranteed me that Nichushkin became a Rick Nash clone.... then I would not use the 8th pick on him".... and i meant it.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
i made a statement last week, something along the lines of, "if you guaranteed me that Nichushkin became a Rick Nash clone.... then I would not use the 8th pick on him".... and i meant it.

Yeah, I understood the subtext. :laugh:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
And don't forget he was the MVP of that tournament where most of the best players didn't play!

Nash and Bouwmeester are the two guys who if they weren't Canadian and drafted in the top 3 would not have nearly the same amount of praise as they get. At least some of the luster finally started wearing off of JBo.

Peca throwing JayBowow under the bus last year on TSN was priceless. Another guy who's got all the tools, just questionable motivation to win.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
At what price is Rick Nash worth it? Obviously he's no superstar but I'd take an #8 panning out to his skill any day.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
At what price is Rick Nash worth it? Obviously he's no superstar but I'd take an #8 panning out to his skill any day.

It's not the skill, it's the idea of someone who doesn't show up when it matters, even with all that skill. Phil Housley. Pierre Turgeon. Those are the guys who come to mind. :biglaugh:

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
It's not the skill, it's the idea of someone who doesn't show up when it matters, even with all that skill.

Some players take you there, others step up once arrived. If Nash is the #2 or #3 guy he doesn't have to carry a team in the playoffs.

Similar criticisms were leveled against Joe "334 points in 3 years" Thornton, and he's only lately shaking them off. But it's not like even then he wasn't integral to anything the Sharks could possibly hope to accomplish.

Then yet again Thornton is clearly a step above Nash/Turgeon/Housley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad