Playoffs Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Would anyone else consider getting Sedlak or Hannikainen in there? Those guys are much more built for playoff hockey than Dzingel/Wennberg/Texier.
No. Id consider giving Dzingel another chance over Texier for a game to see how he responds to a game off

Should be Dzingel and Sedlak in.

Dzingel has more offensive potential than all. However his "intensity" is not where it should be. Maybe that changes after being "sat".

Sedlak is just as good defensively as Wennberg, adds faceoffs and legit offensive/attacking ability around the net that he doesn't, while IMO being better than Hannikainen at every single aspect of hockey.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Sens fan coming in peace.

- Love the way you guys are playing. Hope you make it to the finals, give the East hell boys!
- Seth Jones is out of this world. I knew he was very good but this is unreal seeing him out there.
- Happy for Duchene. Great player and better person. (hope he resigns too :naughty:)
- I don't know how you guys didn't jump on the "All In" theme and design some fancy gif avatars with Jarmo at the poker table in aviator sunglasses :laugh:

Best of the luck the rest of the way!

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
From what I could see last nite, Pooh was in there primarily for his ability to add to the PK. He was, as always, an offensive black hole.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Neither Sedlak or Hannikainen should hit the ice again for us this season, and in Sedlak's case probably not ever again. No disrespect, but they haven't played in a long ass time and I'd much rather have Dzingel, Wennberg, Texier, and others in the lineup. We'll beat Boston by playing our game, heavy forecheck, clog the NZ, and attack with speed. Hannikainen can forecheck, but he's not reliable defensively nor very fast. Sedlak can forecheck and is more reliable defensively than Hannikainen, but he's slower than he is. Our 4th line is good as it is, and neither one is good enough offensively to warrant being in over anyone higher on the card than them.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Before anyone gets upset or says “Focus on Boston,” we’re fans, not the players/coaches. With that disclaimer...

Carolina now up 2-0. Who would you guys rather face in the ECF should we advance?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Before anyone gets upset or says “Focus on Boston,” we’re fans, not the players/coaches. With that disclaimer...

Carolina now up 2-0. Who would you guys rather face in the ECF should we advance?

No clue. Both have our number but I trust us more against NYI. But with mrazek’s injury it makes Carolina more tempting

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Get by Boston. You have to beat whoever comes into your path to win the cup. You do however have to beat the team you're currently tangling with at the moment.
Don't even care to think about a round three matchup.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
No clue. Both have our number but I trust us more against NYI. But with mrazek’s injury it makes Carolina more tempting
I think the Blue Jackets tied the season series 2 - 2 against the Hurricanes. But the 2 losses were against CMAC. And he might be extra motivated to beat Columbus. The wins were against Mrazek and Darling. But it seems like they are dropping like flies. Might be tempted to play them because of that.

Islanders, can't remember the series. All I remember was they got shutout twice but both were against Griess and not Lehner.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio

Whoever wins BOS/CBJ series will go to SCF. I think playing the canes would be a little more entertaining than islanders. Islanders are boring as f***.

Reactions: EspenK

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Canes are really banged up right now

Playing with momentum and will power

can't see that series going less than 6 games.....likely 7 IMO

Aho is playing but far from 100%, only took 2 face-offs today

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Matty Ice is so clutch, hope Burns going for the hurt instead of the puck doesn't sideline him.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
To wrap up the discussion about Tex & Dzingel... two words to consider. Marko Dano.

Last edited by a moderator:

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
What do y'all think of Cam Atkinson 2 games into the Bruins series? I think it's too soon to make pass any judgement, but it sure seemed like the Tampa series played more into his skill set than the Bruins style of play. It would sure been great to see him heat up this week.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio

This is the Playoffs thread, not the Broons/Jackets series thread. It seems to me this is the thread for posts like yours.

Carolina is scary.
Teams are supposed to have to get in the playoffs several years in a row so they learn how to win, yet this is their first time in 10 years. They have a coach who is in his first season as an NHL head coach. He's supposed to be in WAY over his head. They have a goalie no one wanted in Mrazek and he has been standing on his head. They lose Mrazek while down a goal on the freakin road and McBackup a guy who lives on the waiver wire comes in saves 17 of 17 and backstops a comeback win. They are losing players- I think three in yesterday's game and just keep on winning. Could they be a team of destiny? Are the hockey gods smiling on them?

I don't know, but they scare the shit out of me.

Who would I like to see the Jackets play if they get past Boston? Like many above have said getting past Boston is a tall order. If they pull it off, I want the Sens or the Devils next round :)

Last edited:

InfiniteElement

Jan 4, 2019
What do y'all think of Cam Atkinson 2 games into the Bruins series? I think it's too soon to make pass any judgement, but it sure seemed like the Tampa series played more into his skill set than the Bruins style of play. It would sure been great to see him heat up this week.

Posted a similar thought in the power play thread. With a big team like Boston, it's more difficult for our small skilled forwards to have success 5v5 - just my 2 cents.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

To me he seems a bit nervous when receiving the puck. Doesn't gain quick control. Could definitely be a reaction to Bruins physicality/goonery.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
This is the Playoffs thread, not the Broons/Jackets series thread. It seems to me this is the thread for posts like yours.

Carolina is scary.
Teams are supposed to have to get in the playoffs several years in a row so they learn how to win, yet this is their first time in 10 years. They have a coach who is in his first season as an NHL head coach. He's supposed to be in WAY over his head. They have a goalie no one wanted in Mrazek and he has been standing on his head. They lose Mrazek while down a goal on the freakin road and McBackup a guy who lives on the waiver wire comes in saves 17 of 17 and backstops a comeback win. They are losing players- I think three in yesterday's game and just keep on winning. Could they be a team of destiny? Are the hockey gods smiling on them?

I don't know, but they scare the **** out of me.

Who would I like to see the Jackets play if they get past Boston? Like many above have said getting past Boston is a tall order. If they pull it off, I want the Sens or the Devils next round :)

Right. I put that not because I didn’t think it was the appropriate thread but more to avoid responses like Ice9’s above haha (no offense/insult intended to him :)).

I think full strength I’d rather the NYI, but Carolina seems really banged up and just played a grueling 7-game series. Particularly if Mrazek is out, I think I’d rather face them.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
My wife had the same reaction....she was watching in a separate room & yelled to me, quite enraged, “who is this #63 a-hole???!!”:laugh:

LOL - funny how he attracts comments for all the wrong reasons.

My wife had this to say about him: "His nose is below his visor. What good does that do?" I just replied "He can't help it"

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
The only lineup change that should occur for tommorrows home game, should be Dzingel back in for Wennberg, and Garikov in for Clendeaning. If Nutivaara is ready to go, slot him in for Harrington. Texier has been great this playoffs, and had one bad shift. In all honestly, he was much better than Cam was in game 2, are we going to overreact and pull Cam as well ?

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Posted a similar thought in the power play thread. With a big team like Boston, it's more difficult for our small skilled forwards to have success 5v5 - just my 2 cents.
I think the Bruins physical game and there ability to take space away from Cam has an effect. I also think scorers tend to be streaky and if he gets in the zone, he could go off on them.
It's seemed to me like the ice in Boston has been terrible.

It's almost May. I hope the ice is better at Nationwide. I think unless Winnipeg or Edmonton loan the league their arena the Jackets need to be prepared for bad ice the rest of the way.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Sens fan coming in peace.

- Love the way you guys are playing. Hope you make it to the finals, give the East hell boys!
- Seth Jones is out of this world. I knew he was very good but this is unreal seeing him out there.
- Happy for Duchene. Great player and better person. (hope he resigns too :naughty:)
- I don't know how you guys didn't jump on the "All In" theme and design some fancy gif avatars with Jarmo at the poker table in aviator sunglasses :laugh:

Best of the luck the rest of the way!
What is the warranty on Dzingel? What is your return policy? Two second rounders and Duclair thrown in, I'm not seeing it to be honest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad