Playoffs 2016: Who are you cheering for/following the closest?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Another season coming to an end. Another year out of the playoffs. For the first time in a long time, I'm not even that upset about it. I trust Chia's vision for our team. Fire works will explode around draft week I'm sure.

Last year I was cheering for the Jets, but this year as we all know, we have no Canadian playoff teams.

For me, I'm cheering for the Sharks (the Pacific is all but locked up at this point). Love Burns, Jumbo Joe, Marleau, and Pavelski. I want to see Joe win one, he's a great Canadian hockey player. I always try to cheer for teams in our division or in the western conference during the second season.

Who are guys cheering for? Or alternatively, what team will you follow the most during the playoffs?

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
Lethbridge Hurricanes in the WHL I used to call them the Oilers (they were that bad) of the WHL. This year they've turned it around and are one of the best teams in the WHL they score a ton by committee, are very exciting to watch, my hometown team and yeah they sort of give me some hope for an Oilers that eventually happen.

As for the NHL I don't really know as storylines come out I guess I'll pick the most intriguing

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
**** yeah.

I'm down to back Washington in the east. The Great Eight is awesome. He's a warrior and will be a first ballot Hall of Famer. I want to see Ovi in the Stanley Cup Finals. I'm a Canadian and I'll always treat the Russians as our greatest rival. We hate each other, but we respect each other and know there is no greater hockey rivalry.

There is no Canadian hockey history without the Russians. There is no Russian hockey history without the Canadians.

I respect Ovi, I want to see him battle for a cup.

Sharks in the west, Capitals in the east. If they meet in the finals, gotta go Sharks. West first.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Sharks in the west, was lucky enough to meet Jumbo Joe at the Tewilliger Rec Centre last year after a Sharks practice, the guy stood around for 15 minutes signing autographs, even saw him sign a puck for a guy wearing an Oilers jersey! Gained so much respect for him that day. One of the greats in the post lockout era.

The East is tough, I would love to see the Caps win for Ovi, but I love the Panthers too. Would love to see Jagr get another cup. Luongo as well. Tried my best to hate him while he was with the Canucks, but he's hilarious and I would love to see him win.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Not enough people talking about the Bolts. Fine, fine young team. Go Tampa !!
#typlerformvp

:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad