Playoff viewing

NHLeitner

Jan 2, 2013
Carolina
Hoping you guys can fill me in on just how I can watch the playoffs this year, as we cancelled cable before the season started.

My question is: If I have NHL Gamecenter and access to NBC Sports Live-Extra, am I able to watch all of the Playoffs without using an outside streaming service, or do I need to get cable back? I'm outside of the Tampa Bay market, so blackouts isn't an issue.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
The games will be blacked out on GameCenter for all of the US and Canada. Last year I had to use a VPN to get around it by saying I was in Zimbabwe or something (some European countries are also blacked out).

As for NBC Sports Live-Extra, here is what their press release says:

NBC Sports Live Extra – NBC Sports Group’s live streaming product for desktops, mobile devices, and tablets – will provide complete streaming coverage of every game of the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs that is televised by NBC, NBCSN, USA Network, and CNBC.

It looks like you're covered there unless the game is on a channel not listed. I don't know how often/if that happens.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...et-with-complete-coverage-beginning-april-15/

From the press release about it:

Every first-round Stanley Cup Playoff game will be televised on a national platform.

In order to televise as many as four games on a given day/night, NBC Sports Group will utilize NBC, NBCSN, USA Network, CNBC and the NHL Network to carry first-round games.

NBCSN will be the primary home of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, offering coverage of one or two games virtually every night of the first round. NBC will present seven exclusive first-round broadcasts during the weekends of April 18-19 and April 25-26, including two Saturday primetime broadcasts on April 18 and April 25 at 8 p.m. ET.

USA Network, CNBC and NHL Network will also provide live coverage in primetime. USA Network will host games on Tuesday and Wednesday nights, while CNBC will air games Thursday through Monday nights, when necessary. Games airing on NBCSN, USA Network, CNBC and the NHL Network will be subject to local blackouts in the first round. NBC has exclusivity throughout the playoffs.

It sounds like... if you still have NBC Sports Live Extra, you should be able to watch the games on that?

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas
VPN + GCL would also work as angelsil said. Hola.org is pretty easy to use.

THIS. How i get past blackout restrictions for every game. Also, just some info for next season. If you use a VPN while signing up for the season with GCL, you can get it for half off through the russian server. $75 for the season here :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad