Playoff Toronto Vs Boston which team has the strongest group?

Most certain the team with the strongest core will win so vote for the best Group thanks.

• Total voters

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
Too end talent it’s the Leafs but Boston is the better team and should win.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Would probably sub Kadri for Nylander.

Obviously they have the proven team. The Cup goalie. Great D. Best first line.

We've got slightly more younger players. Anger over last year. The hope our 2nd and 3rd line forwards turn the tide.

The way we ended the season I'm not getting my hopes up but we can give them a go.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Just based on the players you listed?

Bergeron > Matthews

Marchand >= Tavares

Marner >= Pastrnak

Krejci >= Nylander

Rielly > McAvoy

Muzzin > Chara

Andersen >= Rask

Pretty close.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I agree with everything said. Toronto's top guys on paper are better than Boston.

But Boston is stronger defensively, physicality, and in terms of cohesiveness needed for the playoffs, thus why I'd predict them to win the series.

Reactions: FishManSam

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
Just based on the players you listed?

Bergeron > Matthews

Marchand >= Tavares

Marner >= Pastrnak

Krejci >= Nylander

Rielly > McAvoy

Muzzin > Chara

Andersen >= Rask

Pretty close.

Correct i took out the players in both teams that has probably the biggest impact

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
According to this very site, 89.5% of neutral voters believe Boston’s should definitely win this series. That’s astronomical, to the point where if Boston doesn’t win, it would be seen as a monumental choke job (according to this sites posters). Let’s seehow it plays out

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Leafs have the more talented players. Boston has the more well rounded/constructed team.

We'll see how it goes, should be another fun series.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
The top 6 forwards/top-2 d/goalies for both these teams are pretty stacked, so I don’t think that will decide the series.

What Boston will want to exploit is that gaping hole on Toronto’s right side blue-line (Zaitsev, Hainsey, insert AHL plug) and tear into that weakspot. For Toronto they will need to be able to exploit mismatches in forward depth (Tavares vs Krejci, the substantial disparity in talent between third lines). Toronto will try to turn this into a track-meet to exploit their relative speed and Boston will try and use their physicallity to punish a softer, skill based Leafs team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad