TBL@STL
NSH@DAL
@BOSNJD
NJD@DET
NYI@WPG
CBJBUF
STL
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
How many points does each have going into this (probably) critical game?
Yikes, that's a bad stretch of games coming up for the Leafs. Could very well see them only come out of it with 2-3 wins.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Yikes, that's a bad stretch of games coming up for the Leafs. Could very well see them only come out of it with 2-3 wins.

We can win all of them, or we can lose all of them.

Really up to the players.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Where are the hard teams? I see Tampa and Boston both of who are division rivals and teams we will need to go through to make any sort of noise come playoff time in the Current era.

The rest are are similar level teams as us. Leafs need to get 9 points out of these 12.

Win against devils, islanders, and jackets and predators . And get atleast 1 point out of 4 against the bolts and Bruins though we really need to beat them to have some confidence going in.

The Panthers have the blue twice ( very hard matchup) and the stars another difficult matchup. They get 3 got 3 shit teams and then a fringe ayoff team around the same level as them in the jets.

The schedules are very similar. Their should not be excuses from the media pointing to difficulty in schedule imo. We blew a chance to take a strangle hold on the 3rd spot by shitting the bed against the sharks and the ducks.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Where are the hard teams? I see Tampa and Boston both of who are division rivals and teams we will need to go through to make any sort of noise come playoff time in the Current era.

The rest are are similar level teams as us. Leafs need to get 9 points out of these 12.

Win against devils, islanders, and jackets and predators . And get atleast 1 point out of 4 against the bolts and Bruins though we really need to beat them to have some confidence going in.

The Panthers have the blue twice ( very hard matchup) and the stars another difficult matchup. They get 3 got 3 shit teams and then a fringe ayoff team around the same level as them in the jets.

The schedules are very similar. Their should not be excuses from the media pointing to difficulty in schedule imo. We blew a chance to take a strangle hold on the 3rd spot by shitting the bed against the sharks and the ducks.

Strength of schedule is overrated anyway IMO. Everyone was talking about a west coast sweep and look what happened. It's the NHL, there is no such thing as an easy game and by the same token, there's no such thing as a guaranteed loss. We're perfectly capable of beating the best teams in the NHL, we're also capable of losing to the worst of them. Whether or not we make the playoffs will have everything to do with how WE play from here on in regardless of our opponents.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Obviously Montreal and Buffalo are coming up hot ;)

LOL yeah, so hot they're making everyone forget about FLA.

Seriously though, those numbers are just nuts. Like LOL at the Leafs being more than 4 times as likely than FLA to get in. I don't know what the numbers should be but if the Leafs were even two times as likely as FLA to get in, I'd be surprised.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

It is.

I suppose the saving grace is that 5 of the 6 Leaf games are at home, and Florida's schedule has more road games.

I could easily see both teams winning 3 leaving the Leafs with the same 3 point lead for the game on the 23rd. That's where it gets really interesting :D

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I hope Florida loses tonight. Jeez this is hot potatoe seeding if they win. I can’t hold it you take it, too hot arghhh your catch it blaaaa ouch ouch hot hot you take it lol.

Andersen needs to steal every game for us down this stretch just in case Bobrovsky does. I’m up for a goaltending battle with Florida as opposed to a scoring battle among the forwards.

Great goaltending, tightened up team defense and lets take this playoff spot on merit. Go Leafs!

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

it's more about a lack of faith in the team than it is about the other teams being that difficult to play

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I don't want to TOR to let FLA pass them in the standings. My own negativity could reach a tipping point where I start to cheer for TOR's demise in order of see Dubas get fired. I've never done it before, and I certainly don't want to be doing it down the stretch.
Dubas really irks me, and I feel like he refuses to ask for help. He has probably an advisory staff like no other, yet uses his OHL/AHL success as his shield.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I don't want to TOR to let FLA pass them in the standings. My own negativity could reach a tipping point where I start to cheer for TOR's demise in order of see Dubas get fired. I've never done it before, and I certainly don't want to be doing it down the stretch.
Dubas really irks me, and I feel like he refuses to ask for help. He has probably an advisory staff like no other, yet uses his OHL/AHL success as his shield.
If you want him to not irk you, you could start by not making up completely hypothetical, unfounded scenarios to hold against him.

Reactions: Ignatius Reilly

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
it's more about a lack of faith in the team than it is about the other teams being that difficult to play

Yup, understandable. I remember not long ago one of my favourite posters said something like the way they're playing, he doesn't see FLA catching us now. I agreed with him but couldn't help thinking - yeah but what if we "catch" them?

This team has been unpredictable most years that I've been following them. Not sure if it's my imagination or not but they seem even more unpredictable then usual this season.

Reactions: 1specter

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Win against devils, islanders, and jackets and predators . And get at least 1 point out of 4 against the bolts and Bruins though we really need to beat them to have some confidence going in.

Sounds simple.............just like picking up 4 points on a west coast swing against those bottom feeders. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad