OT: Playoff Push Avatars

NYRPat21

Jan 1, 2010
Ridge, New York
lol I can dig it. I like your idea of Hags being Legolas better than Hank too.

It's all about the hair color haha, and Aragorn has the whole king thing too, I think LotR is our best bet at this point. It could probably work as first slide "Lord of No Rings" second slide could be the individual player/character and the last slide could be like "Playoff Push 2013".

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
It's all about the hair color haha, and Aragorn has the whole king thing too, I think LotR is our best bet at this point. It could probably work as first slide "Lord of No Rings" second slide could be the individual player/character and the last slide could be like "Playoff Push 2013".

I'm down, yeah, I think it's our best too. Lots of flexibility and options. :handclap:

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
I am so happy this idea is happening (hopefully). I'm about to go to work, so I'm gonna go ahead and call Clowe as Gimli with the "We Sharks are natural sprinters" caption if everyone's ok with that.

sankaa

Jan 21, 2011
Is there any photoshop wizards here, who wants to make a LOTR avatar? Would be awesome if someone could make something.

Gotta get a poll up soon to, I think.

Fanned On It

Dec 20, 2011
New York
There has been a lot of talk/criticism about Torts and his "system." So I was thinking something along the lines of a tagline that talks about how pathetic we are offensively followed by a picture of Torts with maybe something like "Torts has a system."

"Mike Brodeur gets a shutout against us"
then
*Picture of Torts* with words "Torts has a system"

"0 goals scored against the worst team in the league"
then

"Two whole games without scoring a goal"

"Goalies score more often than our Powerplay" (picture of Marty)

I like this but instead of "Torts has a system" just use "The System" as the caption lol.

EDIT: NVM LOTR it is! LOL. Hags for Legolas is gold.

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY
I can get behind a LOTR theme. If we go through with it, I'd like either Frodo/Zucc or Gandalf/Sully :laugh:

alexb

Apr 5, 2013
Norway
frodo_zuccarello.jpg

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I prefer "The System" over LotR.

Partially because I'm a sucker for self-deprecating humour, and partially because I feel LotR is less clever. There is more potential in "The System" IMO. Just like there was a lot more potential in Aliens than "It's just pain".

"Trading your 40g scorer due to lack of jam" -The System

"X is playing well? Put him with Richards to get Brad going!" -The System or
"1st line is rolling? Let's break them up to get Brad going!" -The System

"Lundqvist saves every shot he sees? Block every shot you can!" -The System

*Portrait of Richards in Dallas uniform* "80gp-24g-67a-91p 1.14PPG" *Portrait of Richards in Rangers uniform* "35gp-6g-16a-22p 0.63PPG" -The System

*Portrait of Gaborik in Rangers uniform* "Scored 100+ goals in three seasons" *Portrait of Gaborik in Columbus uniform* "Didn't block shots" -The System

*Portrait of Mitchell in Rangers uniform* "16p in 63gp" *Portrait of Mitchell in Avs uniform* "17p in 36gp" -The System

Disclaimer: I like Tortorella and I think the Gaborik trade was sound, these are just poking fun.

sankaa

Jan 21, 2011
Im good with either the LOTR or "the system", but would love Zucc and the ring tbh.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
I prefer "The System" over LotR.

Partially because I'm a sucker for self-deprecating humour, and partially because I feel LotR is less clever. There is more potential in "The System" IMO. Just like there was a lot more potential in Aliens than "It's just pain".

"Trading your 40g scorer due to lack of jam" -The System

"X is playing well? Put him with Richards to get Brad going!" -The System or
"1st line is rolling? Let's break them up to get Brad going!" -The System

"Lundqvist saves every shot he sees? Block every shot you can!" -The System

*Portrait of Richards in Dallas uniform* "80gp-24g-67a-91p 1.14PPG" *Portrait of Richards in Rangers uniform* "35gp-6g-16a-22p 0.63PPG" -The System

*Portrait of Gaborik in Rangers uniform* "Scored 100+ goals in three seasons" *Portrait of Gaborik in Columbus uniform* "Didn't block shots" -The System

*Portrait of Mitchell in Rangers uniform* "16p in 63gp" *Portrait of Mitchell in Avs uniform* "17p in 36gp" -The System

Disclaimer: I like Tortorella and I think the Gaborik trade was sound, these are just poking fun.

This is good too. I'd be ok with LOTR or The System

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
from the other thread
I'm in entirely on the Lord of the Rinks Avatar.

One with Hank looking at a puck with "You shall not pass!"

One of Nash's obscene highlight goals, with Stepan saying "That still only counts as one!"

One with Zucc "“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.”

Cally "The men have found their Captain."

If we're playing Boston, a picture of Lucic and one of our guys remarking "They have a cave troll."

Hank getting his skates fixed up: Renewed shall be blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be king.

I can go on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad