Playoff push 2015 avatars

Aug 3, 2010
If the Flames make the playoffs, I'll likely make a few "catch-all" (non-player specific) avatars for everyone to use.

Suggestions for themes would be nice.

I was thinking of two:

1) LEGO themed "building towards the Stanley Cup"
2) Unsustainable/Aaron Ward
3) Lord of the Rings/Hobbit "The Unexpected Journey"

I'm planning to have them done by March so let's decide soon.

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I honestly don't want to change, I think it's bad JuJu since we are on the bubble

Aug 3, 2010
I honestly don't want to change, I think it's bad JuJu since we are on the bubble

Then don't change yours.

They're not player specific. If you want to use them, use them. If you want to keep using II's, that's fine too.

They're going to be made regardless - it's been 5 years since the Flames have been in a good position to make the post-season. 30 games to go, and there's a real chance. I want to embrace that.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Playoff push avatars is bad luck.

Playoff avatars for when we've clinched? Bring 'em on.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I for one do like the idea of playoff/playoff push avatars. Signature is right- this is the first time in a long time we've been in this position. At the same time, I'm really attached to my current avatar. I feel like these current avatars do represent the unity and team concept that has gotten the Flames this far.

I don't know. I'd like to see them first. Unsustainable seems like a dangerous idea for pre-playoff avatars, because if we miss the playoffs after all, the jokes on us. Aaron Ward avatars make a lot of sense. LEGO will always be a win.

bWo*

Will the people who already have avatars get that player or will everybody have to call them again?

Edit: read the op.

Richi

Oct 20, 2013
I still like my own gdt theme, the "flames, an unexpected (playoff) journey" hobbit theme:naughty: :

20299508ea.jpg

20299721ua.jpg

Suggestion: Flames players as hobbits or idk...

Edit: I also really like the unsustainable theme :laugh:

Aug 3, 2010
They'll likely be animated, so I can fit phrases or whatever.

Updated OP with ideas. Will add a poll when I am home.

edit - how do people think about a "In Hartley we Trust/Like wadda guy" as a potential theme?

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
The idea of playoff push avatar's seems odd. I too prefer playoff avatars; the Unsustainable/Aaron Ward/smartest guys in the room theme is a great idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad