Speculation: Playoff Lineup

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
4 of the leafs’ d men are really slow.
That could kill them.
Lily can skate and should be in there imo.
Also. Tavares with ROR have played what? About 6 games together?
Really great idea to have lines with little experience together.
Ughh!!

And as it stands now, they once again have lines 3 and 4 with little offensive potential.
Keefe doesn’t learn anything.
Anyway,hope for the best.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
It’s a better bottom six than last year no question , and it’s the most dynamic top six we’ve seen. He’s always worried about JT and Nylander defensively, ROR fixes that in spades. Knies will slot in at some point, nice piece to have in the wings. As long as Schenn isn’t over played, he’s a serviceable six, with bite we need, Reilly is a tough partner in general.

Lets f***ing roll boys, so pumped!

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
c'mon keefe

Bunting/Matthews/Marner
Jarnkrok/Tavares/Nylander
Knies/ROR/Acciari
ZAR/Kerfoot/Kampf/Lafferty

McCabe/Brodie
Rielly/Schenn
Gio/Lilly

every line in our top 9 has a killer pairing. how does tampa match up against that? Enough playing it safe.

Holl and Kerfoot should start on the bench imo.
What's the "killer pairing" in the second line?

• Haha
Reactions: sittler rules!!!

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Until I'm blue in the face:

Nylander-Matthews-Jarnkrok - can skate and can score and will draw top defensive/top line duties. Both wingers have shown chemistry with Matthews.

Knies-Tavares-Marner - will feast against lesser lines, with Tavares and Marner supporting Knies. Knies and Tavares can drive possession and Marner does that Marner magic and plays a defensively sound game with speed.

Bunting-O'Rielly-Acciari - nightmare for opposition top lines. Will be miserable to play against and will ground the Tampa defense into dust. O'Rielly helps Bunting play a smarter physical game.

ZAR-Kampf-Lafferty - forechecking 4th line that has put up points lately. Can hit and stacks up without being a liability. Kerfoot slots in for any struggling on this line.

AndyWozniewski

Jan 18, 2017
I haven't been able to watch games that much this season, but is Lafferty good at anything? From the few games I've seen with him in the lineup, he's been pretty invisible. What does he do well? Maybe I just haven't seen enough of him to appreciate what he brings.

Reactions: Macallan18

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Some of you are worrying too much Knies not being there. I’m sure he’s gonna get in at some point. I actually like the forward lines. No 5 on 5 concern on any line.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Some of you are worrying too much Knies not being there. I’m sure he’s gonna get in at some point. I actually like the forward lines. No 5 on 5 concern on any line.
I would wager that he'll draw in pretty much after the first loss lol. I think Keefe and management are big fans of him.

Reactions: glue

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
4 of the leafs’ d men are really slow.
That could kill them.
Lily can skate and should be in there imo.
Also. Tavares with ROR have played what? About 6 games together?
Really great idea to have lines with little experience together.
Ughh!!

And as it stands now, they once again have lines 3 and 4 with little offensive potential.
Keefe doesn’t learn anything.
Anyway,hope for the best.
Who has ROR played a lot with? Anyone they put him with doesn't have a lot of reps. Non-issue

Reactions: The Iceman

QJo

Luke Warmtakes
Dec 8, 2016
Ontario
To me this is the scariest lineup. This is what I was hoping to see during the regular season to get some chemistry.

(1) Nylander - Matthews - Jarnkrok
(2) Bunting - O'Reilly - Marner
(3) Knies - Tavares - Kerfoot
(4) Acciari - Kampf - Lafferty

Three strong offensive lines all with slightly different identities. (1) powerful offense (2) shutdown offense (3) heavy line, hit, cycle, grind, score (4) do what you've been doing.

(1) would be a threat to anybody.
(2) could match up against anyone's best line in home games and we'd expect to have an advantage because of their selke play.
(3) would finally be a third line with enough talent to overmatch their opponents
(4) is a good fourth line.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Loving the forwards in almost any combination. Guys gotta leave it all out there, play smart.

I love love love Lili.

Start him at home, rotate Holl/Schenn at home v. Tampa, play the vets on the road.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
To me this is the scariest lineup. This is what I was hoping to see during the regular season to get some chemistry.

Three strong offensive lines all with slightly different identities. (1) powerful offense (2) shutdown offense (3) heavy line, hit, cycle, grind, score (4) do what you've been doing.

(1) would be a threat to anybody.
(2) could match up against anyone's best line in home games and we'd expect to have an advantage because of their selke play.
(3) would finally be a third line with enough talent to overmatch their opponents
(4) is a good fourth line.
Sounds like Game 1 forward lines will be

Bunting Matthews Marner
Tavares ROR Nylander
Jarnkrok Accari Kerfoot
ZAR Kamph Lafferty

Havn't heard much about the D pairings

Reactions: TMLAM34

geo25

Sep 28, 2017
That’s true, I think my line up is possible especially given yesterdays success with that O’Reilly line. Only thing Keefe would do is switch Holl and Liljegren.

I see no reason to seperate Matthews and Jarnkrok those guys play so well together. JT plays his best with a Marner.
I can see Lili requesting a trade if he's sat again this year....

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
They should put Nylander second line and then occasionally double shift him on third and fourth. He’s the secret weapon; inconspicuous but then can power through with a great chance out of nowhere. Potential for him is massive, he just needs to be utilized with extra consideration.

Reactions: aingefan and horner

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
We need Keefe to be a strong "in game" coach. We've lacked that for a while in this organization; think Keefe has it in em though...no matter what people say.

The paper lineups are great...but being able to find weak spots with line changes; while not messing with chemistry, is what makes a good coach -> great.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
MODS:

So, after 4 clicks on the link I finally got into this thread. it went as follows:

Click 1- ad.
Click 2- ad
Click 3- ad.
Click 4- success.

Currently I am on Page 4. Tried to click on the "8" to go to page 8.

Half a dozen clicks, none went to Page 8. All ads.

Are you going to fix this, or what?

Is this a bug or a feature?

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Sounds like Game 1 forward lines will be

Bunting Matthews Marner
Tavares ROR Nylander
Jarnkrok Accari Kerfoot
ZAR Kamph Lafferty

Havn't heard much about the D pairings
Jonas reported on the weekend that the D pairings at practice were
McCabe-Brodie
Reilly-Schenn
Gio-Holl

Only problem IMO is PP2 is going to be weak without being able to have 2 blueliners with some offensive skill.
Kerfoot on PP2 is a waste of a space, and other than Gio nobody can play at the back end on PP2.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005

I like this lineup with the only change being putting Knies with Marner and O'Reilly/Tavares. I want to see if he can put up some points playing with an elite passer like Marner.

As for defense I'd rather have Liljegren in than Holl or Schenn and given the choice I'd take Holl out to start. I like Holl, but at this point I think Liljegren is better and deserves a chance to start in the playoffs. Think he played pretty decent in the 2 games he got last playoffs and then got taken out so I don't know why Keefe keeps playing Holl over him when he doesn't bring anything special to the table.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Jonas reported on the weekend that the D pairings at practice were
McCabe-Brodie
Reilly-Schenn
Gio-Holl

Only problem IMO is PP2 is going to be weak without being able to have 2 blueliners with some offensive skill.
Kerfoot on PP2 is a waste of a space, and other than Gio nobody can play at the back end on PP2.
I can't decide if Nylander on PP2 is a waste. They will get maybe 20-30 seconds.

McCabe has a pretty good shot and he might be able to play a limited role.

With Nylander on PP2, at least he and Kerfoot have some chemistry

Reactions: The Iceman

horner

May 22, 2007
They need to get knies into the lineup it's a player TB has no data on .
Besides he is a really good player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad