Playoff Hockey Thread part 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I absolutely love this Nashville crowd. Buffalo loves their teams but I'm doubtful even they could be so loud and entertaining.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
With what's gone on in this game that has you angry. ? :laugh:

But I'm sensing you're a Pens fan. So I don't think you'll take my point.

A Pens fan? I'm a Buffalo fan watching a hockey game. Just because I posted about it doesn't mean it's the only thing that's pissed me off during this game.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
A Pens fan? I'm a Buffalo fan watching a hockey game. Just because I posted about it doesn't mean it's the only thing that's pissed me off during this game.

Cheering for the Pens vs the Preds. Not an actual Pens fan that got lost and is posting in our forum. I thought it would have been obvious that's what I meant. I'm quite well aware that your a Sabres fan

As for the Rinne thing, far more egregious interference has gone in in this game by both teams. Half the time it looks like a rugby match.

The only really outrageous thing in this game has been Pollack ****ing up the goal the Preds should have.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I think I will have a stroke when we're back in the playoffs with this level of officiating. I certainly don't expect it to improve.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Cheering for the Pens vs the Preds. Not an actual Pens fan that got lost and is posting in our forum. I thought it would have been obvious that's what I meant. I'm quite well aware that your a Sabres fan

As for the Rinne thing, far more egregious interference has gone in in this game by both teams. Half the time it looks like a rugby match.

The only really outrageous thing in this game has been Pollack ****ing up the goal the Preds should have.

Goalies don't often do -- let alone get away with -- what Rinne did as Hagelin was going around the net. That's why I posted about it.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Which sucks for the Pens. All about getting it right though.

Man I have a lot of anger for the NHL and their officials tonight. :laugh:

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA

Which sucks for the Pens. All about getting it right though.

Man I have a lot of anger for the NHL and their officials tonight. :laugh:

I've had that "anger" for years. The Mickey Mouse officiating in this league certainly doesn't help the sport.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I've had that "anger" for years. The Mickey Mouse officiating in this league certainly doesn't help the sport.

League's worst nightmare should be Pens winning this game and the Cup 1 - 0. But after 1999, it really doesn't matter. They'll make up any excuse to legitimize the error.

yeah, still bitter.....

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
League's worst nightmare should be Pens winning this game and the Cup 1 - 0. But after 1999, it really doesn't matter. They'll make up any excuse to legitimize the error.

yeah, still bitter.....

Fun fact. That lovely '99 series/game was just on NHL network a little bit ago. Maybe that's why I'm so salty tonight. :laugh:

The Pens winning the Cup tonight 1-0 would be such a quintessential NHL thing.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I absolutely love this Nashville crowd. Buffalo loves their teams but I'm doubtful even they could be so loud and entertaining.

Sabres fans practically outnumbered them in their own building for the parents night meaning. I'm pretty sure the Sabres fans can at least get loud enough to be as intimidating.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
The refs seem to have been trying to make up for that whistle ever since with what is and isn't a penalty since then....

Nothing comes close to blowing that goal call. Absolutely brutal.

Pollack not only blew the whistle too soon. He didn't even move his ass into position for a good look. He just floated out of the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad